Tools & Materials
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how to mow a lawn.
1. Measure cutting height of mower, and adjust, if necessary, to 3 inches.
2. Check oil and gas levels of mower.
3. Mow in straight lines back and forth across the lawn; overlap each pass.
4. Make a pass along fences and property lines to cut any remaining grass.
5. Use string trimmer to cut grass along flowerbeds and under fences.
6. Turn string trimmer vertically to trim edge of grass along driveway and walkways