When your home needs professional maintenance, it’s always important to call on a company that provides reliable service without hitting you with unnecessarily high costs. That is especially the case with heating and cooling or plumbing issues, where the stakes are often high.
In this ARS Rescue Rooter review, the This Old House Reviews Team examines the company’s services, cost, customer service, customer reviews, and more so you can evaluate whether it’s the right fit for your needs.
ARS Rescue Rooter Background and Availability
Established in 1975, ARS Rescue Rooter provides heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and sewer and drain services. The company is based in Memphis, Tennessee, and is available in 24 states, which include:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
As a home services company, ARS Rescue Rooter is known for offering a one-year service guarantee and a variety of financing options to homeowners. It’s also known for its certified technicians and community outreach efforts to organizations like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Alpha Omega Veterans Services.
Pros and Cons of ARS Rescue Rooter
|Available 24/7 and offers emergency services||Not available in 26 states|
|Provides a one-year service guarantee|
|A written estimate is provided to the homeowner before services are initiated|
|Only uses certified, drug-tested, and background-checked technicians that follow COVID-19 protocols|
ARS Rescue Rooter Coverage
ARS Rescue Rooter provides eight different core services for the following: air conditioning, heating and furnace, indoor air quality, plumbing, smart home products, attic insulation, commercial, and HVAC system.
Here’s what ARS Rescue Rooter covers under each service:
- Air conditioning: Air conditioning repair, installation, and maintenance
- Heating and furnace: Heating system repair, installation, and maintenance
- Indoor air quality: Duct cleaning and indoor air quality installation
- Plumbing services: Plumbing repair, plumbing installation, drain cleaning services, plumbing maintenance, sewer, and water line services, gas line repair, water heater services, sump pump services, and garbage disposal services
- Smart home products: Installation of Nest thermostats, Nest Protect, Nest cams, and Google products and LeakSmartⓇ leak detection
- Attic insulation services: Radiant barrier, attic ventilation, and attic insulation
- Commercial services: Commercial plumbing and commercial HVAC services
- HVAC systems: HVAC repair, installation, and maintenance for your swamp cooler, ductless mini-split, geothermal, zoned HVAC, radiant cooling and heating, heat pumps, and dual-fuel
ARS Rescue Rooter offers emergency services for plumbing and HVAC, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These services include repairs and replacements for the following:
- Broken air conditioning system
- Frozen pipes
- Leaky pipes
- Broken water heaters
- Overflowing toilets
- Emergency gas line issues
- Sewer line stoppages
- Burst washing machine hoses
- Kitchen and bathroom drain clogs
How Much Does ARS Rescue Rooter Cost?
The cost of ARS Rescue Rooter services depends on the nature of your HVAC or plumbing issue and any code requirements from your municipality. ARS Rescue Rooter’s certified technicians provide homeowners with pre-printed pricing guides and written options upfront, and the technicians will not start work without approval from the homeowner.
ARS Rescue Rooter offers the following financing options to homeowners:
- 12-month loans on approved credit by EnerBank USA—Through this payment option, homeowners don’t pay any payments or interest for 12 months, and the interest is waived if repaid in 365 days.
- Customers can take out reduced interest loans of 6.99% APR for up to five years with approved credit by EnerBank USA.
- The company accepts all major credit cards.
ARS Rescue Rooter Reviews
ARS Rescue Rooter holds an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). It’s important to note that the BBB rates ARS Rescue Rooter locations separately from its headquarters. For example, in Raleigh, North Carolina, the company holds a 4.5-star average rating based on 100 reviews. Most reviews from homeowners mention that their HVAC technician was on time and performed an impressive job on their HVAC unit.
Here’s a sampling of ARS Rescue Rooter reviews we found for the company’s Raleigh, North Carolina, location:
“[My technician] was very thorough and professional when he serviced my air conditioning unit. He explained everything that was wrong, as well as what he did to fix the unit.” — Kristin T. via BBB on May 12, 2020
“[My technician] was timely and efficient during his visit. [He was also] respectful of safety precautions due to COVID-19.” — VB via BBB on May 5, 2020
“ARS employees were very considerate of my home while completing the installation of our furnace and air [conditioning system]. They completed the job quickly and efficiently, just as promised. We have only had our new HVAC system for one day, but it’s working great!” — Krista J. via BBB on April 28, 2020
“I’ve been using ARS for years, and I’m always satisfied with the technicians and the efficiency of my furnace and AC unit. My technician today was professional and knowledgeable.” — Patricia E. via BBB on April 27, 2020
ARS Rescue Rooter Overview
- Company name: American Residential Services LLC
- CEO: Scott Boose
- Years in business: 44
- Phone: 888-253-8795
- Website: https://www.ars.com/
- BBB Rating: A+
Frequently Asked Questions About ARS Rescue Rooter
Does ARS Rescue Rooter provide a warranty for its work?
ARS Rescue Rooter provides a standard labor warranty for one year, and all parts are warranted by the manufacturer from defects for up to 10 years. If you’re dissatisfied with the company’s work, ARS will try to meet your expectations or remove the equipment and refund 100% of your money.
Is ARS Rescue Rooter available in Washington, D.C.?
Yes, ARS Rescue Rooter is available in Washington, D.C.
Do ARS Rescue Rooter technicians follow COVID-19 safety measures?
Yes, all ARS Rescue Rooter technicians receive daily temperature screenings and are equipped with masks, gloves, shoe covers, and disinfectants when entering homes and businesses. They also maintain social distancing procedures.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.