It’s important to conduct routine maintenance on your home’s gutters to prevent the buildup of leaves, twigs, and other debris that can lead to roof and foundation damage. While regular gutter cleanings can protect your home from damages, there are many companies that offer gutter guards as a preventative cleaning measure.
These systems install on your existing gutters and prevent large debris from entering. Gutter guards can reduce the risk of clogs and minimize the number of times you need to scale your home to clean its gutters. In this review, the This Old House Reviews Team looks into HomeCraft Gutter Protection to help you determine if it’s the best gutter guard system for you.
Our Take on HomeCraft
HomeCraft is a quality gutter guard installer for customers located in the South and Mountain West. The company’s stainless-steel micro-mesh screen incorporates raised diamond structures that separate debris from running water to maximize filtration. Additionally, the company offers a lifetime transferable warranty, giving you peace of mind that your gutters are protected for the life of your home. To get started with a free inspection and quote, enter your ZIP code on the company’s website or call 855-434-3836.
Pros & Cons of HomeCraft
✔ Uses a raised micro-mesh screen that increases filtration
✔ Installs new gutters or repairs your old system if needed
✔ Offers a lifetime transferable warranty
✘ Doesn’t explicitly state price information online
✘ Available only in 10 states
Services & Features
HomeCraft sells and installs a three-part gutter guard system that allows only water to enter.
HomeCraft’s three-part system consists of a stainless-steel micro-mesh screen, powder-coated aluminum frame, and reinforced hidden hangers. Read over the details of each component below.
- Micro-mesh screen: Built from marine-grade stainless steel, this micro-mesh screen is finely woven and incorporates raised diamonds that elevate passing debris to allow only water to pass through. This screen filters pine needles, shingle grit, leaves, and other debris.
- Aluminum frame: The aluminum frame surrounds both sides of the micro-mesh screen, holding it flush against your guttering. These frames don’t have sub-structures, helping them bend to your system’s unique shape.
- Reinforced hangers: The HomeCraft system uses reinforced hangers that secure the gutters to your home by attaching to your home’s fascia, or the line of trim directly below your roof.
How It Works
HomeCraft’s gutter guard system uses its micro-mesh screen to pull in water and filter damaging debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves. The micro-mesh screen incorporates Raised Screen Technology (RST), which gives the screen its raised diamond shape that allows for each embedded micro-mesh hole to filter water.
Warranties and Guarantees
HomeCraft protects its customers with a lifetime transferable warranty, which allows the coverage to transfer to a new homeowner should you move. The warranty protects you from future blockages should they occur and gives you peace of mind that you’ll never have to worry about your system again.
HomeCraft’s gutter guard system is installed through a simple three-step process. Here’s a look at each component of the installation.
- Free inspection and quote—HomeCraft offers potential customers a free inspection, which involves a HomeCraft professional evaluating your roof and current gutter system. Afterwards, the technician will provide you with a customized estimate that HomeCraft honors for one calendar year.
- Gutter guard installation—Once you sign up for a new system and schedule an installation date, HomeCraft will begin the process by cleaning, sealing, realigning, and securing your existing gutters. If your gutters are damaged beyond repair, the company will install new ones. Once your home’s guttering is squared away, HomeCraft will install its gutter guard system.
- Post-installation support—After installation, the HomeCraft crew will walk you through your new system. Additionally, the company will continue to support the system through its lifetime transferable warranty.
HomeCraft doesn’t list its pricing information online, but it does explain that your gutter guard estimate is influenced by factors such as your roof’s shape, your gutter’s linear footage, and the condition of your current gutter system. HomeCraft offers free at-home gutter inspections so that you can better understand the cost of your gutter guard system.
We encourage you to negotiate on price with HomeCraft to get the best deal possible.
HomeCraft products and services are available in select cities across 10 states, including Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
HomeCraft is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds a B rating from the organization. Many customers praise the company for its high-quality products. Some consumers also complained about HomeCraft’s aggressive and misleading sales tactics. Here’s a look at some HomeCraft gutter guard reviews left by BBB customers:
Lee G. on 10/22/2021 via the BBB said:
“Great quality products and services and very knowledgeable reps. Would highly recommend this company for gutters and protection!”
While many of the reviews are positive, some customers had difficulty with the company’s customer service team.
Joe on 3/11/2021 via the BBB said:
“A year ago I bought a complete gutter guard system for my house. A few months later, I had to have all new gutters installed. The gutter installers took the guards off and did not reinstall them right, voiding the warranty… [I] need to have the guards correctly reinstalled. I have called and texted [HomeCraft] multiple times… I have been promised that a person would call me to set an [appointment] to come to my house and evaluate. If they can’t help me, then [the representative] in the Georgia office needs to stop promising to send someone from HomeCraft to my house.”
If your roof experiences large amounts of falling debris that cause your gutters to clog, a HomeCraft gutter guard system could be right for you. The company uses a 304 marine-grade micro-mesh that filters small and large debris. Additionally, the company offers its customers a comprehensive warranty and is available for gutter installation, if needed. Like many providers, HomeCraft has a mixture of positive and negative reviews on the BBB, but it does stand out as an accredited business.
We recommend getting a free estimate from a HomeCraft sales representative by visiting the company’s website or calling 855-434-3836.
- Company name: HomeCraft Gutter Protection
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Stephen Cochran
- Year founded: 2008
- Headquarters: 500 Plantation Park Drive, Loganville, GA 30052
- State availability: 10
- BBB rating: B
Frequently Asked Questions
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at firstname.lastname@example.org.