Home>Discussions>TOH-D MESSAGE BOARD TECH SUPPORT>Starting [email protected] 1:30 and cutting off at the end by 2-3 minutes trying to watch TOH S5
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steve
Starting [email protected] 1:30 and cutting off at the end by 2-3 minutes trying to watch TOH S5
Steve

As stated above, season 1-4 TOH were fine

Thank you 

Clint
Re: Starting [email protected] 1:30 and cutting off at the end by 2-3...
Clint

Go back and check those episodes you already watched. I bet you gave the problem. The post before yours in this forum talks about it.

Lorenzo
Lorenzo

I already posted this in the tread before yours but I'll copy and paste it here.

I've been having this same issue. Not sure exactly when it started but over the past 2 weeks or so I've noticed that the older videos start at 1:30 and end at 24:00. Even video's I've watched previously with no issue are doing it. I've tried changing over from my pale moon browswer to a chromium based browser and even Internet explorer but had the same problem. I played a few newer videos from season 40 of TOH and those worked just fine but I did notice that those episodes are all less than 24 minutes in length. Not sure if that matters but it is worth noting that they are shorter than the older episodes.

Steve
Steve
Clint wrote:

Go back and check those episodes you already watched. I bet you gave the problem. The post before yours in this forum talks about it.

I did check, those videos played from the WGBH Boston laser sound to the end credits. In season 6 of TOH still doing it. Show starts at 1:30 then ends 2-3 minutes before 

Tristan
Tristan

It's effecting all of the Bob Vila and Steve Thomas episodes, the videos start at 1:30 and cutoff at 24 minutes with about 3 or 4 minutes left in the videos. I'm using Chrome on both my laptop and my Galaxy S10, something isn't right, and something seriously needs to be done about it. It makes those episodes unwatchable. 

April
April

Im also having this issue trying to watch season 2

Billy
Billy

I am assuming that the issue has something to do with the JWplayer that they are using to play the videos. I’m not familiar with this player but doing a little research it appears that you can set a time on the front end and back end when the next video preview appears. This seems to be what is happening Of course there is no way to adjust that from the users end, at least that I can see. 

David
David

Echoing the comments above. This is pretty annoying and I can't seem to find a way to bring it to the attention of any type of tech support for the site.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.