Steps for designing a modern kitchen:
- Use commercial-grade appliances for superior performance and high-end look.
- Natural-stone counters are often used alongside range to provide heat-resistant surface for pots and pans.
- Select marble counters for baking center; it creates ideal work surface for rolling out dough and pastry crust.
- For old-world handcrafted look, consider wooden countertops.
- Glass tiles are a good choice for covering the backsplash wall between upper and lower cabinets.
- The once-popular combination of a copper sink with a wall-mounted faucet is back in vogue today.
- Furniture-style cabinetry with inset doors and drawers lend a fine, handcrafted look to any kitchen.
- Design can incorporate both painted and stained cabinets in the same kitchen.