In this video, This Old House host Kevin O'Connor discusses how to make your home market-ready with real estate expert Robert Schwartz.
1. Beautify the home's exterior with new sod, foundation plantings and new fence.
2. Freshen up exterior with new paint and contrasting trim color.
3. Update a dark kitchen by painting the cabinets a lighter color and installing new hardware.
4. Replace old, outdated sink faucets with modern faucets that have enhanced features, such as pullout spouts.
5. Replace old ceiling light fixtures with contemporary models.
6. Install under-cabinet lighting in kitchens to brighten up dark countertops.
7. Hire a home inspector to identify any problem areas, and make those repairs prior to listing your home.