Extremely dense and highly durable, these materials are rich in color and resistant to insects and decay and last about 25 years. But they are also expensive, heavy, and hard to work ? so hard in fact that you can't hammer a nail without drilling a hole first. Avoid dark woods if your deck sees a lot of sun during the day because they will heat up like a frying pan.
1. Red Balau, from Austin Wholesale Decking, $1.95/lineal ft.
2. Golden Ironwood, From Austin Wholesale Decking, $1.79/lineal ft.
3. Ipe, from Austin Wholesale Decking, $1.99/lineal ft.
4. Cambara, from Ring's End, $2.95/lineal ft.
5. Cumaru, from Austin Wholesale Decking, $1.79/lineal ft.