Corona experiences many different pest problems, from rats sneaking over from neighboring L.A. to moths following you home from Santiago Peak. A pest control company helps you prevent an infestation and keep your home pest-free. With so many companies in Riverside County, it might be difficult to decide on which company to commit to.
That’s why the This Old House Reviews team is here to help you in your research. We have researched and reviewed some of the top pest control companies in the country. Keep reading this review of the best pest control companies in Corona to compare each company’s services, plans, and pricing.
Top Pest Control Companies in Corona
- Terminix: Best Overall
- Orkin: Best for Urgent Service
- Aptive: Most Customizable
- Orange Coast Pest Control
- Allied Pest Control
- Preventive Pest Control - Corona
Best of the Best Corona Pest Control Companies
Terminix takes our No. 1 spot due to its top-tier specialty pest solutions at affordable prices and its great customer satisfaction rate. Visit Terminix’s website or call 866-569-4035 to get a free estimate.
Orkin has one of the fastest response times—customers can receive same-day service when they call before 2 p.m. Visit Orkin online or call 877-868-1416 to get more information.
Aptive is our pick for the most customizable pest control company, as it offers a custom treatment plan based on your pest control needs. To receive a free quote from Aptive, fill out this simple online form or call 855-697-0130.
Terminix has more than 90 years of experience in pest management. Terminix offers a basic plan, with multiple scheduling options, that works against more than a dozen common household pests. Customers can also receive specialty services like termite control and bed bug extermination. In addition to its record of positive customer reviews, Terminix has an online chat function so that you can contact the company anytime with ease.
✔ Serves 2.8 million residential and commercial customers across the United States
✔ The Terminix Promise™ means Terminix will perform additional treatments at no additional cost if pests return between treatments
✔ Guarantees year-round inspections as long as you keep a plan
Terminix’s general pest control plan starts with a free inspection, during which a technician will identify and treat your pest problem. Over the course of a year, a technician will return three more times to address seasonal issues. Terminix’s average cost for a yearly treatment plan runs between $550–$700.
Service Areas: Ontario, Laguna Hills, San Bernardino, Garden Grove, Murrieta, Santa Fe Springs, South El Monte, Gardena, Victorville
We recommend that you get a free quote from Terminix by filling out this online form or by calling the company at 866-569-4035.
Orkin has been a staple in pest control solutions for more than 100 years. Itsl specialists keep their competitive edge by undergoing 160 hours of targeted training. Orkin’s same-day service and 30-day money-back guarantee are also impressive features.
✔ Basic pest control plan already covers nearly 20 common household pests
✔ If you call before 2 p.m, for service, you can receive service that same day
✔ Every customer receives a six-step plan, called Points of Service that technicians follow
Orkin’s general pest control plan begins with a home inspection and includes many industry-standard pest services for more than 20 common pests. Orkin customers can also receive termite control and bed bug extermination. The average cost of an annual Orkin plan is $575 per year.
Service Areas: Anaheim, Chino, Corona, Costa Mesa, Fontana, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Hemet, Hesperia, Huntington Beach, Indio, Irvine, Mission Viejo, Moreno Valley, Murrieta, Ontario, Orange, Perris, Rancho Cucamonga, Rialto, Riverside, San Bernardino, Santa Ana, Temecula, Tustin, Victorville, Westminster
We encourage you to see what Orkin can do for you in more detail by completing this online form or calling 877-868-1416.
Aptive is one of the best pest control companies available for customizable treatment plans.
In addition, Aptive technicians will address any issues between scheduled visits at no extra cost to you.
✔ Offers the Four-Seasons Protection Plan for all four seasons
✔ Ranked as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Best Companies in America
✔ Works with the United Nations’ Nothing But Nets campaign to help stop the spread of malaria
Aptive’s customized quarterly service plan, called the Four-Seasons Protection Plan, includes an inspection and four seasonal treatments that are tailored to your specific pest control issues. Aptive does not treat termites or bed bugs. Aptive’s year-long treatment plan costs about $560–$620 per year.
Service Areas: We were unable to confirm precise service areas in the Corona area. Contact Aptive to see if service is available in your ZIP code.
To receive a free quote from Aptive, fill out this easy-to-use form or call 855-697-0130.
4. Orange Coast Pest Control
Orange Coast Pest Control offers comprehensive treatment plans for Corona, Riverside, and other Orange counties. Its products are eco-friendly and child-safe. Orange Coast Pest Control offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and will return to your home between scheduled visits to fix anything that goes wrong for free.
Customers receive treatment and extermination services for many common pests in Corona, such as pill bugs, wasps, bed bugs, rodents, ants, and more.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
5. Allied Pest Control
Allied Pest emphasizes that it is a child and pet-friendly pest control service. Allied can help keep your family safe through its professional termite extermination. It offers treatment plans that are monthly, bi-monthly (every-other-month), quarterly and a one-time treatment option.
Allied assists with residential and commercial pest management, as well as industrial and Realtor services. Beyond termite and bed bug services, Allied helps with ant control, gophers, squirrels, spiders, pigeons, and wildlife trapping and relocation.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
6. Preventive Pest Control - Corona
Preventive Pest Control serves homeowner and business owners throughout Corona and the surrounding Southern California areas. It also offers a collection of guarantees, such as a satisfaction guarantee, a re-service guarantee, a two-year price lock guarantee, and a pest control guarantee.
A year-long Preventive contract can help protect your home against cockroaches, ants, stinging insects, spiders, and mosquitoes. Customers can also receive rodent control and termite control services.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
Compare Top Pest Control Companies
|Get a free quote||Terminix.com||Orkin.com||GoAptive.com|
|Our overall score out of 100||98.5||94||91|
|Superlative||Best Overall||Best for Urgent Service||Most Customizable|
|Annual cost for general pest control||$550–$700||$575 (average)||$560–$620|
All six of these companies are excellent options for pest solutions in Corona and the surrounding suburbs. Our Reviews Team recommends Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive as the top-rated companies in the industry.
All three offer a re-service guarantee, a promise to return to your home if you see any pests between scheduled appointments to re-treat at no extra cost. Orkin and Terminix also offer to refund your last treatment if you aren’t 100% satisfied.
Get a free estimate from all three providers below.
Common Pests in Corona
Many pests are common in the Corona area. Some pests are not threatening, but some are more dangerous or can cause structural damage to your home. Read over some of the most common pests in Corona below to know what you want to have protection against.
- Cockroaches—These pests can enter your home through very small cracks and contaminate food. They can possibly spread diseases like salmonella.
- Bed bugs—Bed bugs are found throughout the country. They can quickly infest your bedroom and other areas of your house if left untreated. Professional treatment is highly recommended for these bugs.
- Ants—Many types of ants are present in Corona. Some ants, namely carpenter ants, can cause structural damage to your home. Another common ant in the area is the Argentine ant, which has no natural enemies, so they thrive easily without treatment.
- Pill bugs—These oval shaped bugs are also known as roly-polys. Pill bugs are attracted to moisture and rarely live long indoors. They do not damage household items or deposit eggs indoors. However, they may damage the roots of plants when feeding and can be annoying to have around.
- Termites—Termites are wood-eaters whose damage can set homeowners back thousands of dollars in repairs.
- Flies—Some flies found throughout Corona may carry diseases.
- Stinging Insects—Stinging insects, like hornets, are found throughout Orange County. One to look out for are carpenter bees, which cause structural damage to your home.
- Rats— Given that Corona is so close to Los Angeles, it experiences its fair share of rodents. Rats can enter your home through tiny crawlspaces and holes to nest. They might even chew through your home’s insulation and electrical wiring.
- Spiders—While house spiders are harmless, some spiders found in Corona, such as the brown recluse and the black widow, can require emergency medical treatment. A professional pest control company can remove harmful spiders in your home and prevent them from coming back.
- Gophers—These burrowing mammals might cause problems for your home. They can cause damage to utility cables, water lines, sprinkler systems, and irrigation pipes.
- Moths— These nocturnal bugs do not pose a threat to you, but they do to your clothes, furniture, and other fabrics. You might even run into pantry moths in Corona, which can lay eggs in items like flour, cereals, dried fruits, and beans.
Why You Should Hire Exterminators in Corona
Many pests commonly found in SoCal may contaminate food and spread diseases, cause structural damage to your home, or pose other health risks. It is a wise choice to invest in a pest control plan to give yourself peace of mind that your family, and home are protected.
Additionally, different kinds of pests need different kinds of treatment. Trying to tackle multiple pest problems on your own can be both costly and time-consuming. A licensed and insured technician will know the best remedy for each and can ensure all your pest problems are managed on a routine schedule.
How to Choose Pest Control in Corona
There are some major points to think about before picking a pest control company. Read over some of the most important factors to know and consider before you commit to a company here.
- Type of pests—Each company offers different general pest control plans based on both the number and specific types of pests covered. If you already know what pests are causing problems, then make sure that the pest control company you hire works against those types of pests. Keep in mind other pests that you might run into over time.
- Cost—We suggest you get free quotes from each company to get an idea of how they weigh different factors, like the size of your home or add-on services. Consider what they charge and the types of pests they treat. Some companies are more expensive than others but they typically offer more coverage and unique services.
- Reputation—Reading about a company from expert reviews can help give you a sense of whether a company is reliable, competent, and trustworthy. Customer reviews from sites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and TrustPilot can help give you a realistic outlook too.
- Plan schedules—Look into plans that are offered on schedules you’d prefer—monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, etc. We suggest at least a quarterly treatment plan.
- Guarantees— Check to see if the company offers guarantees, as it is a sign of good customer service.
Pest Control Company Methodology
The This Old House Reviews team is committed to providing unbiased and comprehensive reviews for our readers. This means earning your trust through transparency and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. With that in mind, we spent time creating an objective rating system to score each best pest control company. Here’s what that review process looks like:
- We contact every pest control company via phone and online chat (if available), talking to representatives. We get quotes, ask questions, and fully understand each company’s pest control plans.
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We check and update all of the data and metrics on the companies on a regular basis to ensure we have the most current and accurate information.
With all of that data, we created a rating system to score each pest control company. Our rating system is a weighted, 100-point scale on the following factors:
- Plan options (35): Every home and every pest problem has its specific needs when it comes to prevention and remediation. Companies with multiple plans and service offerings were given higher scores than those without.
- State Availability (5): Where you live determines which providers are available. Companies available in more states were rated higher than those with less.
- Trustworthiness (15): We consider companies that offer service guarantees and others more trustworthy and therefore scored them higher.
- Customer Service (35): This factor is based on our own research from calling providers, as well as their availability and guarantees for responses.
- Additional Benefits (10): Companies who offer things like information about the products they use, have an app for customers, and other benefits were given higher ratings.
Corona Pest Control FAQs
Who pays for inspections when selling a home?
The home buyer purchases a pest inspection for the house buying process. The overall cost of the inspection will vary according to the size and features of the house.
Does salt kill pill bugs?
Salt can assist in drying out a pill bug and potentially kill it. This tactic might also harm your plants, though. It’s best to invest in a professional pest management service to deal with any pill bug infestations.
Does Orkin offer payment plans?
Orkin offers convenient financing for its termite services. Customers can also design a customized treatment plan that fits their needs.
What does Orkin use to kill ants?
Like many other pest control companies, Orkin uses pyrethroids and pyrethrins to paralyze and kill ants.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at email@example.com.