Your home in Fort Worth is susceptible to pests, such as termites, bed bugs, and rodents. Whether you have a current pest infestation that desperately needs treating, or you just want a maintenance plan to keep them out of your house, hiring an exterminator will keep your home pest-free.
If you’re sold on purchasing a pest control plan, let this article be a valuable resource for your decision on the best pest control companies in Fort Worth. In it, we’ll discuss three national companies, three local businesses, and other important items you need to know about coverage in your area.
Top 6 Pest Control Companies in Fort Worth
- Terminix: Best Overall
- Orkin: Best for Urgent Service
- Aptive: Most Customizable
- Alamo Termite & Pest Control
- Liberty Pest Control
- Fort Worth Pest & Termite
Best of the Best Fort Worth Pest Control Companies
Of these six providers, Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive are our top picks for reliability. This Old House readers can qualify for $50 off a Terminix plan by getting a free online quote or calling 866-569-4035. For same-day service for emergency infestations, call Orkin at 877-868-1416 or fill out this form before 2 p.m.
Terminix is a trustworthy brand that uses well-trained specialists who are proficient in entomology. These local technicians inspect your property and build a treatment plan that fits your needs with its services for a variety of pests, including mosquitoes, ticks, and termites.
✔ Has almost 100 years of experience in the pest control industry
✔ Offers an online chat function for hassle-free service
✔ Offers free inspections for custom termite and pest control plans
The typical cost of a Terminix plan is $550–$700 per year depending on the size of your property and infestation.
Areas serviced: Arlington, Aledo, Alvarado, Azle, Bedford, Boyd, Burleson, Cleburne, Colleyville, Cresson, Crowley, Euless, Forreston, Glen Rose, Godley, Granbury, Grandview, Grapevine, Haslet, Hurst, Itasca, Joshua, Keene, Kennedale
In 2019, Orkin released a study of the top 50 worst cities for bed bug infestations. The Dallas-Fort Worth area was labeled No. 10. If you’ve fallen victim to bed bugs like many people in your area, Orkin can help. The company can also help with other infestations or preventative care.
✔ Has a 30-day, money-back guarantee
✔ Has been in business for over 100 years
✔ Develops a six-step plan for your home for eliminating current problems and preventing future ones
The average cost of Orkin’s treatment plans is $575 per year based on the sample quotes we received during our research.
Areas serviced: Allen, Arlington, Burleson, Carrollton, Dallas, Denton, Euless, Flower Mound, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Keller, Lewisville, Little Elm, Mansfield, Mckinney, Mesquite, North Richland, Hills, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rowlett, The Colony, Weatherford, Wylie
Orkin has a location in the city of Fort Worth that services a handful of ZIP codes in and around the city. You can verify that your address is included in this by visiting the website or calling 877-868-1416.
Aptive is known for its charitable giveback program and technological features, such as the Aptive Assistant smartphone app. If purchasing from a transparent brand with user-friendly resources is important in your decision, this provider is worth your consideration.
✔ Has an easy-to-use website and mobile app for accessing plan details and customer service representatives
✔ Is committed to giving back to the community
✔ Is open to free service calls in between your regularly scheduled appointments
Aptive provides one pest control plan for seasonal service called the Four-Seasons Protection Plan. This plan costs around $560–$620 annually depending on the size of your property.
4. Alamo Termite & Pest Control
With 24/7 customer service, Alamo Termite & Pest Control puts Fort Worth residents and their extermination needs first. The company will service houses, apartments, condos, and commercial buildings of any size and put together custom treatment plans based on the property’s needs.
Alamo has been in business for almost 30 years with locations in both Fort Worth and Carrollton that service surrounding areas, including Dallas. The company doesn’t offer online quotes, but you can request one via email by sending in your property information.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
5. Liberty Pest Control
You can bring a quote from any locally operated company in the Fort Worth area to Liberty Pest Control, and it will offer you a lower rate by at least 5% or pay you $50. The company is family-owned and has been in business since 1984, serving more than 10,000 customers in the Tarrant County area.
Liberty offers services for termites, rodents, fire ants, mosquitoes, and other common pests. The business is fully licensed by the Texas Department of Agriculture and has an accredited Better Business Bureau profile with an A+ rating, making it a trusted local choice.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
6. Fort Worth Pest & Termite
Fort Worth Pest & Termite is a local exterminator in the Dallas and Fort Worth area that services commercial, residential, industrial, and multi-family properties. It offers a unique 200% money-back guarantee that gives you double your money back for pest control services that failed or left you unsatisfied.
Fort Worth Pest & Termite has a one-time Standard Pest Service plan that comes with a 100-day warranty for return visits and takes care of common pests, such as spiders, silverfish, beetles, roaches, and ants. The company also offers a Quarterly Pest Service that schedules regular visits every three months to ensure your property stays pest-free.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
Compare Top Pest Control Companies
|Get a free quote||Terminix.com||Orkin.com||Aptive.com|
|Our score out of 100||98.5||94||91|
|Known for||Best Overall||Best for Urgent Service||Most Customizable|
|Annual cost for general pest control||$550–$700||$575 (average)||$560–$620|
Look to nationally known industry leaders, such as Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive, to find the reliable service that you need for your home. However, if you want to support a local business, our review also includes smaller pest control businesses for a more personalized customer service experience.
Common Pests in Fort Worth
Fort Worth’s warm and humid weather makes it home to many types of pests. Here are a few of them:
- Mosquitoes—These blood-sucking pests live in humid areas with high vegetation. Your property may be particularly susceptible to mosquito infestations if it has a garden or tall grass.
- Cockroaches—Roaches can be a pain to get rid of once they begin to nest in your kitchen. They’re attracted to open food and water, so keeping your home clean can be a good way to prevent an infestation.
- Ants—A colony of ants with a population in the thousands can be a nuisance to your home. They’re attracted to sweet foods and build their colonies in your walls or foundation.
- Termites—Termites also develop colonies in your foundation. They can eat through the wood structure of your home, creating damage that requires expensive repairs.
- Bed bugs—If you have an issue with bed bugs, getting urgent service from an exterminator is critical to keep it from spreading to your whole house, damaging your property with fecal stains, and injuring your skin with bites.
- Flies—Flies are pesky creatures that can carry diseases and lay eggs on your food. They’re attracted to warm areas and can be difficult to get rid of without help.
- Bees—These stinging insects can be dangerous to children or those with allergies. Bees and wasps can form hives near your doorways, making it difficult to leave your home.
Why You Should Hire Exterminators in Fort Worth
Hiring a professional pest control company may be necessary if you can’t deal with your problem on your own. For example, termites and bed bugs are particularly difficult to eliminate without the use of professional equipment, techniques, and chemicals. You can also just hire an exterminator for regular service to ensure your home stays pest-free with preventative care.
Each of our top three companies come with unique identifiers that make them stand out. For example, if you need well-rounded service, Terminix covers the essentials. If you need a quick treatment for your pest emergencies, Orkin is your solution. For homeowners who want treatments tailored to their specific pest issue, Aptive can help.
How to Choose Pest Control in Fort Worth
Consider the following factors to help you pick a pest control company in your area:
- Type of pests—Hire a company with a treatment plan for the type of invasion you have. For example, if you have a termite problem, your provider needs to have a termite extermination strategy.
- Cost—Get custom quotes from all of the companies on your list and eliminate the ones whose plans are over your budget.
- Reputation—It’s always important to see what past and current customers think about a company to ensure there aren’t any red flags. If you’re looking for reliability, it can be smart to go with well-known brands, such as Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive.
- Guarantees—Many companies offer a guarantee for their services so that you can get your money back or have an exterminator return if the problem isn’t fixed to your satisfaction.
- Plan schedules—Determining how often you want the company to visit your property can narrow down your plan options. For example, if you want seasonal visits, don’t choose a plan that only includes one visit.
Pest Control Company Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing unbiased and comprehensive reviews for our readers. This means earning your trust through transparency and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. With that in mind, we spent time creating an objective rating system to score each best pest control company. Here’s what that review process looks like:
- We contact every pest control company via phone and online chat (if available), talking to representatives. We get quotes, ask questions, and fully understand each company’s pest control plans.
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We check and update all of the data and metrics on the companies on a regular basis to ensure we have the most current and accurate information.
With all of that data, we created a rating system to score each pest control company. Our rating system is a weighted, 100-point scale on the following factors:
- Plan options (35): Every home and every pest problem has its specific needs when it comes to prevention and remediation. Companies with multiple plans and service offerings were given higher scores than those without.
- State Availability (5): Where you live determines which providers are available. Companies available in more states were rated higher than those with less.
- Trustworthiness (15): We consider companies that offer service guarantees and others more trustworthy and therefore scored higher.
- Customer Service (35): This factor is based on our own research from calling providers, as well as their availability and guarantees for responses.
- Additional Benefits (10): Companies who offer things like information about the products they use, have an app for customers, and other benefits were given higher ratings.
In summary, the This Old House Reviews Team reviewed over 40 companies to select this list of the best pest control companies. Our researchers check and update our data on all 40 companies each month to ensure the most accurate information.
Fort Worth Pest Control FAQs
Is a termite inspection required in Fort Worth?
Depending on the type of mortgage loan you have, you may need a termite inspection report on file. For example, if you’re a borrower participating in the VA home loan program, it’s a requirement in the state of Texas.
How much does pest control cost in Texas?
Pest control costs can vary depending on the size of your property, the level of infestation, and the plan you choose. However, we found from our research that the average cost for an annual pest control plan usually falls between $500 and $1,000.
Is pest control worth the money?
If you have an infestation of difficult pests, such as termites or bed bugs, hiring an exterminator may be a necessary solution to returning your home to a safe state. You can also buy pest control to prevent an infestation from ever happening.
What are popular pests in Fort Worth?
Unfortunately, Fort Worth is home to many pests, both dangerous and annoying. During the warmer months, Texans have problems with flies, mosquitoes, bed bugs, and fleas.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.