When it comes to large cities, there are bound to be pest problems. Seattle is no different. Whether it’s as simple as ants or spiders or more difficult like rodents, a pest control company ensures that your home stays safe from potential infestations. With so many choices for home pest control in the Pacfic Northwest, it can be hard to figure out which is right for you and your family.
That’s why our Reviews Team researched and ranked some of the best pest control companies in Seattle, Washington. Keep reading to learn more about pest control services in Seattle and how they compare on prices and treatment plans.
Top Pest Control Companies in Seattle
- Terminix: Best Overall
- Orkin: Best for Urgent Service
- Aptive: Most Customizable
- Insight Pest Control–Seattle
- Redi National Pest Eliminators
- Parker Eco Pest Control
Best of the Best Seattle Pest Control Companies
Terminix is our top choice because it offers comprehensive plans, affordable services, and excellent customer service. To see what kind of plan you can get, visit Terminix’s website or call 866-569-4035. Orkin not only features top-tier technology, but it also has one of the fastest response times in the industry. Get a better idea of what Orkin can do by visiting it online or calling 877-868-1416.
Terminix is a highly-reputable pest control company with 90 years of industry experience. Terminix offers comprehensive routine treatment plans, and it provides top-tier specialty services like bed bug extermination and termite control. The company’s website has many tools and resources to help customers better understand their pest issue. One great online feature is Terminix’s chat tool, which lets customers reach a representative at any time.
✔ The Nix Pest Guarantee™, which means Terminix will perform additional treatments at no additional cost if pests return between treatments
✔ Helps 2.8 million customers across the U.S.
✔ Offers free house inspections
A yearly plan with Terminix typically costs around $550–$700.
Service Areas: Athol, Bayview, Cataldo, Coeur D’Alene, Harrison, Hayden, Medimont, Post Falls, Rathdrum, Sandpoint, Spirit Lake, Worley, Bellevue, Bothell, Carnation, Duvall, Edmonds, Fall City, Issaquah, Kenmore, Kirkland, Lynnwood, Medina, Mercer Island
We recommend receiving more information on Terminix’s services by completing this simple form or speaking directly to a representative at 866-569-4035.
Terminix Local Branch Location: 8613 S 212th St, Kent, WA 98031
Orkin offers quarterly treatment plans and specialty services like bed bug control. Its prices are competitive and customers are offered a 30-day money-back guarantee. We find Orkin’s same-day service guarantee particularly impressive. If you call before 2 p.m., you receive service that day. This prompt service differs from the industry standard of calling before noon for same-day service. Similar to Terminix, Orkin also features useful online tools and resources for customers to educate themselves on various pest issues.
✔ Upholds a system of assessment, monitoring, and prevention as part of its Integrated Pest Management approach
✔ Technicians undergo 160 hours of training before going out into the field
✔ Basic pest control plan covers nearly 20 common household pests
Orkin’s annual treatment plans cost on average about $575 per year.
Service Areas: Auburn, Bellevue, Bonney Lake, Bothell, Bremerton, Edmonds, Everett, Federal Way, Gig Harbor, Issaquah, Kent, Kirkland, Lacey, Lakewood, Lynnwood, Maple Valley, Olympia, Port Orchard, Puyallup, Redmond, Renton, Sammamish, Seattle, Snohomish, Spanaway, Tacoma, Woodinville
We suggest that you see what kind of plan Orkin can make for you by completing this online form or by talking to a representative at 877-868-1416.
Orkin Local Branch Location: 25400 74th Ave S, Kent, WA 98032
Aptive offers customizable pest control solutions to customers based on their specific pest control needs. Each plan includes quarterly visits to ensure your home is protected from pests year-round. The company is also involved with programs like the United Nations’ Nothing But Nets campaign, which helps stop the spread of malaria.
✔ Offers the Four-Seasons Protection Plan that includes treatment for all four seasons
✔ Ranked as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Best Companies in America
✔ Technicians will address any issues between scheduled visits at no extra cost
Yearly plans with Aptive run from $560–$620 per year.
Local Aptive Branch Location: 941 Industry Dr, Tukwila, WA 98188
4. Insight Pest Control - Seattle
Since 2013, Insight Pest Control has provided pest solutions for the Seattle, Washington residents. The company offers routine general pest control or a more expensive initial treatment option. Insight Pest Control customizes its specialty service calls for each customer. Insight Pest Control’s quarterly plans include eco-friendly and pet-friendly products and a satisfaction guarantee that provides free re-service if needed. The plan also covers many common pests, including ants, rats, mice, wasps, and spiders. Some of Insight’s specialty services include mole extermination or removal and bed bug extermination.
Branch Location: 700 NW 42nd St #209, Seattle, WA 98107
5. Redi National Pest Eliminators
Redi National Pest Eliminators offers a 100% Pest-Free Guarantee, which means the company will come back until your pest problem is completely solved at no extra cost to you. Redi National Pest Eliminators provides a seasonal pest treatment schedule so that you can have peace of mind year-round when it comes to infestations. Seattle customers can receive both residential and commercial pest control services, and the company helps with attic and crawl space insulation. Redi National Pest Eliminators provides protection against common pests in the Seattle area, and it makes payment easy for its customers through an online portal.
Branch Location: 4453 Aurora Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
6. Parker Eco Pest Control
Parker Eco Pest Control is another great local pest control company in Seattle and its surrounding suburbs. Alongside many industry-standard services, Parker Eco Pest Control offers organic pest solutions and commercial pest control. The company offers two routine plans, one for insects and one for insects and rodents. Both plans include four visits throughout the year, four free follow-ups between each visit, and protection against spiders, wasps, beetles, moths, silverfish and more. The insect and rodent plan includes even more features, such as more visits and rodent-entry hole sealing. Parker Eco Pest Control is also transparent about its pricing.
Office Location: 7323 Aurora Ave N Suite B, Seattle, WA 98103
Compare Top Pest Control Companies
|Get a free quote||Terminix.com||Orkin.com||GoAptive.com|
|Our overall score out of 100||98.5||94||91|
|Superlative||Best Overall||Best for Urgent Service||Most Customizable|
|Annual cost for general pest control||$550–$700||$575 (average)||$560–$620|
When it comes to pest control in Seattle, each company listed here is a good choice. However, the This Old House Reviews Team has named Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive as top-rated pest companies in Seattle, Washington. Get a quick estimate and more details about these top providers below.
Common Pests in Seattle
Seattle has some of the most breathtaking national parks and wilderness, but with that comes the issue of pest infestation. Many pests like moths don’t pose a threat to your loved ones or your home. However, others pests like the Western Black Widow can be dangerous. Read over some of the most common pests in Seattle, Washington below to see what you might want protection against.
- Ants—Ants are very common throughout the Seattle area. Some ants, namely carpenter ants, can cause structural damage to your home. Some ants can also create foul odors in your home.
- Cockroaches—Cockroaches can enter your home through very small cracks and contaminate food. They can also spread diseases like salmonella.
- Rodents—Rodents and mice eat through packages of food, leave droppings, and chew through electrical wires and insulation. They often enter your home through small spaces and build nests.
- Bed bugs—These bugs can quickly infest your bedroom and other household areas if left untreated. Professional treatment is highly recommended for bed bugs.
- Moths—Moths aren’t dangerous to your health or home, but they can be a threat to your clothes and other fabrics in your house.
- Termites—Termites can damage wooden structures and set homeowners back thousands of dollars in repairs.
- Moles—These borrowers can cause potential damage to your home’s pipes and they can also ruin your yard and gardens.
- Stinging Insects—Stinging insects like paper wasps and yellow jackets are found throughout Seattle and its surrounding suburbs. Sometimes their stings can cause an allergic reaction that requires emergency medical attention.
You can stay up to date with the latest Seattle, Washington pest control news and outreach events at the Washington State University entomology extension page.
Why You Should Hire Exterminators in Seattle
Given the variety of pests listed above and the damage they can cause, it’s a smart idea for any Seattle homeowner to invest in a pest control company. Not only does it help your home’s structural integrity, but a routine pest treatment plan helps keep your loved ones away from potential illness and medical emergencies.
Each type of pest requires a different kind of treatment. A trained and certified pest control technician will be aware of each of these treatments, and they will have easy access to them. This helps you save money in the long run by avoiding expensive DIY-pest treatments.
Our pest control partners also work with businesses, too. If you’d like to protect your business from pests that can scare customers away and lead to poor reviews, a regular pest management plan is essential.
How to Choose Pest Control in Seattle
There are many important elements to keep in mind when deciding on which pest control company to use. To help you remember what major points you might want to keep in mind, we listed them below.
- Type of pests—Each company offers different general pest control plans based on both the number and specific types of pests covered. If you already know what pests are causing problems, then make sure that the pest control company you hire can address those types of pests. Also keep in mind other pests that you might run into over time.
- Cost—Consider what each company charges and the types of pests they treat. Factors like the size of your home, its location, and the type of pests impact the overall cost of pest control services. Some companies are more expensive than others, but they typically offer more coverage and unique services.
- Reputation—Reading about a company from expert and customer reviews can help give you a sense of whether a company is reliable, competent, and trustworthy.
- Plan schedules—Look into plans that are offered in increments you prefer—monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, etc. We suggest at least a quarterly treatment plan.
- Guarantees— Check to see if the company offers guarantees, which is a sign of good customer service. Orkin and Terminix offer to return to your home if you see any pests between scheduled appointments to re-treat at no extra cost. Orkin and Terminix even offer to refund your last treatment if you aren’t 100% satisfied.
Pest Control Company Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing unbiased and comprehensive reviews for our readers. This means earning your trust through transparency and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. With that in mind, we spent time creating an objective rating system to score each best pest control company. Here’s what that review process looks like:
- We contact every pest control company via phone and online chat (if available), talking to representatives. We get quotes, ask questions, and fully understand each company’s pest control plans.
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We check and update all of the data and metrics on the companies on a regular basis to ensure we have the most current and accurate information.
With all of that data, we created a rating system to score each pest control company. Our rating system is a weighted, 100-point scale on the following factors:
- Plan options (35): Every home and every pest problem has its specific needs when it comes to prevention and remediation. Companies with multiple plans and service offerings were given higher scores than those without.
- State Availability (5): Where you live determines which providers are available. Companies available in more states were rated higher than those with less.
- Trustworthiness (15): We consider companies that offer service guarantees and others more trustworthy and therefore scored higher.
- Customer Service (35): This factor is based on our own research from calling providers, as well as their availability and guarantees for responses.
- Additional Benefits (10): Companies who offer things like information about the products they use, have an app for customers, and other benefits were given higher ratings.
Seattle Pest Control FAQs
What’s the best way to find pest control companies near me?
Finding an expert in pest control in Seattle isn’t too difficult as there are many great options listed above. One important thing to note is you’ll want a company that is licensed to operate and insured for residential or commercial pest control.
What is the fastest way to get rid of moles in your yard?
To help you quickly get rid of your mole problem, a pest control company will most likely use a combination of above-ground and below-ground traps to capture the animal.
Should I get a termite inspection when buying a home?
A termite inspection isn’t always required when buying a home, but it’s certainly a good preventative measure. Signs of termites aren’t always obvious, and it might be beneficial to get a professional inspection to ensure your home is structurally sound.
What is the average cost for rodent control?
The cost of rodent control can vary greatly depending on a few factors, including the size of your house and the size of the infestation. On average, you can expect to pay between $100–$250 for rodent control. Investing in a routine pest control plan that includes rodent extermination might save you money in the long run.
Does apple cider vinegar kill rats?
A mixture of apple cider vinegar and water can sometimes repel rats, but it won’t kill them. For rodent extermination, it’s best to contact a professional.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.