The Las Vegas Valley experiences a variety of pest problems. Getting a pest control service with enough local know-how can ensure your home or business stays free from bedbugs, rodents, centipedes, scorpions, and more.
The This Old House Reviews Team has researched and rated some of the best pest control companies in the area to show you how Las Vegas pest control companies compare on services and plans.
Top Pest Control Companies in Las Vegas
- Terminix: Best Overall
- Orkin: Best for Urgent Service
- Aptive: Most Customizable
- Preventive Pest Control Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Pest Control
- Ranger Pest Control
Best of the Best Las Vegas Pest Control Companies
As our pick for Best Overall, Terminix checks all the boxes with excellent customer service reviews, real-time online chat features, and an affordable combination of industry-standard and specialty pest services. Check out what Terminix can do for you by visiting here or by calling 866-569-4035.
We named Orkin Best for Urgent Service because Orkin provides same-day service when you call before 2 p.m. If your pest problem requires immediate service, visit Orkin online or call the company at 877-868-1416. We named Aptive the Most Customizable for its seasonal treatment plans that are tailored to your specific pest control needs.
1. Best Overall: Terminix
Terminix has more than 90 years of experience and knowledge in the pest control industry and the customer satisfaction rates to prove it. Terminix customers can receive interior and exterior inspection and extermination services at affordable rates with year-round plans. The company also offers special protection programs against termites, bedbugs, mosquitoes, and ticks.
✔ Crawl space and attic insulation services available
✔ The Nix Pest Guarantee™ means Terminix will perform additional treatments at no additional cost if pests return between treatments
✔ Employees include graduate-level entomologists and members of the Entomological Society of America
An annual plan with Terminix typically runs from $550–$700.
Service Areas: Henderson, Boulder City, Mesquite, Laughlin, North Las Vegas, Overton, Searchlight, Pahrump, Las Vegas
We encourage you to see what Terminix can do for you and get a free quote by filling out this simple form or calling 866-569-4035.
2. Best for Urgent Service: Orkin
Orkin is another great option for Las Vegas pest control services. Orkin customers receive defense against 20 common pests, ranging from rodent control to termite control. The company uses innovative technology in its pest solutions and offers quick response times. Orkin offers same-day service if you call before 2 p.m.
✔ 30-day money-back guarantee
✔ More than a century in the industry serving 1.7 million customers across the country
✔ Follows a system of assessment, monitoring, and prevention as part of its Integrated Pest Management approach
Orkin’s yearly plans cost around $575 per year.
Service Areas: Blue Diamond, Boulder City, Bunkerville, Cal-Nev-Ari, Coyote Springs, Duckwater, Gabbs, Henderson, Indian Springs, Jean, Las Vegas, Logandale, Mesquite, Moapa, Mountain Pass, Nellis Air Force Base, North Las Vegas, Overton, Pahrump, Searchlight, Sloan, The Lakes
We recommend you look into Orkin’s service with a free quote by completing this online form or calling the company at 877-868-1416.
3. Most Customizable: Aptive
Aptive offers an industry-standard pest control plan and service at affordable rates. Aptive creates customized quarterly plans, allowing flexibility for each customer.
✔ Is a member of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program
✔ Technicians will address any issues between scheduled visits at no extra cost
✔ Works with the United Nations’ Nothing But Nets campaign to help stop the spread of malaria
A general pest control plan from Aptive costs around $560–$620 per year.
4. Preventive Pest Control Las Vegas
A great local option for pest control in Las Vegas is Preventive Pest Control Las Vegas. Preventive Pest Control offers industry-standard services such as residential and commercial pest control, cockroach control, scorpion control, termite control, rodent control, and weed control. The company also offers free re-service if any infestations occur between services, and it also provides a two-year plan price lock guarantee.
Quotes are not available through This Old House.
5. Las Vegas Pest Control
Las Vegas Pest Control provides pest control throughout Las Vegas and Henderson. Las Vegas Pest Control offers three different service packages, providing solutions for up to 80 types of pests. You can also receive same-day service throughout the Las Vegas Valley for common pests, such as pigeons, ants, and scorpions. Las Vegas Pets Control also offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
Quotes are not available through This Old House.
6. Ranger Pest Control
Ranger Pest Control offers an easy sign-up process, autopay features, and easy scheduling tools through its website. Ranger provides protection in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, or anywhere in the valley. Pest services for home and businesses include scorpions, cockroaches, spiders, ants, and crickets. Ranger customers also have the option to use completely organic and eco-friendly pest solutions.
Quotes are not available through This Old House.
Compare Top Pest Control Companies
|Get a free quote||Terminix.com||Orkin.com||GoAptive.com|
|Our overall score out of 100||98.5||94||91|
|Superlative||Best Overall||Best for Urgent Service||Most Customizable|
|Annual cost for general pest control||$550–$700||$575 (average)||$560–$620|
Every pest control company mentioned in this list offers comprehensive treatments for any pest in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas. It is best to look into signing up for a routine, year-round plan. The This Old House Reviews Team recommends Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive as some of the best options. Get free quotes from each provider below.
Common Pests in Las Vegas
While Las Vegas and its surrounding suburbs see many common pest problems that larger cities experience, it also has unique challenges with pigeons and scorpions. Some pests are not a threat at all, but some can spread diseases, cause structural damage, and contaminate food. Here are some common pest you might find in Las Vegas:
- Ants — Ants take over your house by building colonies and going after crumbs and trash in your kitchen. Some types of ants, like carpenter ants, can cause structural damage.
- Bedbugs — If not treated, bedbugs can infest your entire home. These nocturnal blood suckers are notoriously difficult to get rid of on your own and are very common in Las Vegas.
- Cockroaches — Cockroaches are common in all cities. They can contaminate your food, stain surfaces, destroy fabric, and spread E. coli and salmonella.
- Pigeons — Pigeons are a major pest problem in Las Vegas. In addition to pigeons’ feces carrying potential disease, the birds can also carry other pests on them such as fleas and ticks.
- Scorpions — Scorpions are another issue for Las Vegas homeowners. While stings from many scorpions are harmless, some are venomous. Children and the elderly have especially severe reactions to scorpion stings.
- Rodents — Mice and rats can sneak into your home through tiny spaces to nest. They also eat through packages of food, leave droppings, and chew through electrical wires and insulation. Rodents are one pest problem you want to get handled fast.
- Termites — Termites can cause a lot of structural damage in a small amount of time, leaving your home in need of serious repairs. This is another pest to get routine inspection for.
Why You Should Hire Exterminators in Las Vegas
Given that Las Vegas has so many common pest problems, it is a wise investment to get a pest control plan. This not only provides financial security by protecting your home’s structural integrity, but it helps maintain the health and safety of you, your family, and your friends. Each type of pest requires different treatments, and a licensed and insured pest control technician can make sure you are receiving the proper treatments on a routine schedule.
How to Choose Pest Control in Las Vegas
We suggest that you gather multiple quotes from multiple companies to compare them. Since there are so many different factors to keep in mind when figuring out which company is best for you, we listed some of the major ones below.
- Type of pests — If you already know what pests are causing problems, make sure that the pest control company you hire can handle that problem. Not all companies offer protection against the same common household pests.
- Cost — When evaluating the cost of pest control companies, consider what they charge and the types of pests they treat. Some companies are more expensive than others but they typically offer more coverage and unique services. If your pest problem is very limited, you may opt to go for a simpler plan and save money.
- Reputation — Pest control companies with decades of experience tend to have stronger reputations than newer companies. Reading reviews can help you decide if a company is reliable, competent, and trustworthy. Sites like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and TrustPilot are excellent places to start. If a company is also associated with the National Pest Management Association, you know you are dealing with professionals.
- Plan schedules — Not all plans are offered on the same schedule. We suggest at least a quarterly plan, but monthly, bi-monthly and one-time treatments are also options.
- Guarantees — Some pest control companies offer guarantees to ensure that their customers are satisfied with their work. Orkin and Terminix offer to return to your home if you see any pests between scheduled appointments to re-treat at no extra cost. Orkin and Terminix even offer to refund your last treatment if you aren’t 100% satisfied.
Pest Control Company Methodology
In our independent review, the This Old House Reviews Team surveyed more than 40 pest control companies on the market, rating each provider on a variety of factors to ensure transparency and quality. Here’s what that review process looks like:
- We contact every pest control company via phone and online chat (if available), talking to representatives. We get quotes, ask questions, and fully understand each company’s pest control plans.
- We test the customer service, including factors such as wait times, friendliness, and problem-solving ability.
- We check and update all of the data and metrics on the companies on a regular basis to ensure we have the most current and accurate information.
Here are the categories that each company was rated on:
- Plan options (35): Every home and every pest problem has its specific needs when it comes to prevention and remediation. Companies with multiple plans and service offerings were given higher scores than those without.
- State Availability (5): Where you live determines which providers are available. Companies available in more states were rated higher than those with less.
- Trustworthiness (15): We consider companies that offer service guarantees and others more trustworthy and therefore scored higher.
- Customer Service (35): This factor is based on our own research from calling providers, as well as their availability and guarantees for responses.
- Additional Benefits (10): Companies who offer things like information about the products they use, have an app for customers, and other benefits were given higher ratings.
Las Vegas Pest Control FAQs
What is the difference between pest control and an exterminator?
An exterminator works to eliminate pests using pesticides and chemicals. Pest control not only eliminates pests that are currently present, it focuses on preventive measures against potential future infestations.
Who is more expensive, Orkin or Terminix?
Though the overall cost of each company relies on what services and plans you opt for, on average Orkin tends to be slightly more expensive than Terminix.
How long does it take an exterminator to get rid of mice?
It can take roughly one to three months to get rid of mice, though this will vary based on the size of the infestation.
What attracts scorpions in the house?
Scorpions are drawn to moisture in your home. They get in through pipe drains and the plumbing system, which is why they are most commonly found in kitchens and bathrooms. Ensuring your plumbing system is properly maintained can help prevent scorpions from entering your home.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.