Music City has a typical southern climate: mild winters and a rainy spring, leading into a humid summer. While those can be great conditions for hitting the Greenway, it can also open the door to pest issues, from spiders and ticks to ants and cockroaches. Trying to tackle a pest invasion on your own can end up costing more money than hiring a professional, and you may not fully rid your home.
In most cases, we recommend hiring a professional pest control service. The right professionals will do a thorough job ridding your home of unwanted critters at a reasonable price while keeping you and your family safe. With so many pest control services available, it can be difficult to decide which company is right for you. In this article, we’ll review six of the top companies in Nashville, Tennessee, including a few local companies. We believe the companies below offer some of the top pest control in town.
Nashville’s Top Pest Control Companies
- Best Overall: Terminix
- Best for Urgent Service: Orkin
- Most Customizable: Aptive
- Magnolia Exterminating Company
- HomeShield Termite and Pest Control
- Preventative Pest Control
Best of the Best Nashville Pest Control Companies
1. Best Overall: Terminix
Terminix was founded in 1927 and currently services 47 states, including Tennessee, where it was originally founded. Terminix’s plan of service consists of four treatments, which occur once per quarter to ensure year-round pest control. The first treatment is a comprehensive interior and exterior inspection and treatment. The next three visits will ensure that your home is protected from seasonal pests.
✔ Provides four annual treatments
✔ Offers termite removal services
✔ 24/7 support and over 10,000 team members
If there are any issues, a technician will return to your home for no additional charge. We were quoted $445 for general pest control, but your price will ultimately depend on your location and needs..
Service Areas: All 36 counties surrounding Nashville in middle Tennessee
To get a quote from Terminix, fill out this form or call 866-569-4035.
2. Best for Urgent Service: Orkin
Orkin was founded in 1901, making it the most experienced provider on our list. Orkin offers general pest control services, with a variety of other services. Treatments for bedbugs, carpenter ants, termites and ticks are also available through Orkin, making it one of the most well-rounded pest control companies on the market.
✔ In business since 1901
✔ 30-day money back guarantee
✔ Provides detailed reports on services performed with recommendations
Orkin is our top choice for urgent service, as it will provide service to homeowners who call before 2:00 p.m. This promise is only possible with a company as large as Orkin, which has a large network of pest control specialists ready to serve you. In fact, Orkin serves more than 1.7 million customers worldwide. Pest control services from Orkin typically cost around $545 .
Service Areas: Antioch, Ashland City, Brentwood, Columbia, Fairview, Franklin, Gallatin, Goodlettsville, Greenbrier, Hendersonville, Hermitage, Joelton, La Vergne, Lebanon, Madison, Mount Juliet, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Nolensville, Old Hickory, Pleasant View, Portland, Smyrna, Spring Hill, Springfield, Thompsons Station, White House
To get a free quote from Orkin, fill out this form or call 877-868-1416.
3. Most Customizable: Aptive
Aptive is our top choice for homeowners who want plans that are tailored to their specific pest control needs. The company is active in the communities it serves to educate the public about the dangers of pesticide use, and it’s committed to regularly donating to an organization called Nothing But Nets, which provides treated bed nets in communities at risk for contracting malaria.
✔ Provides comprehensive quarterly treatments
✔ Aptive regularly donates money to combat the spread of malaria
✔ All services come with a home inspection
With Aptive’s Four-Seasons Protection Plan, Aptive provides a full property inspection and quarterly treatments. If the pests ever return, Aptive will return to your home to rid your property of pests at no additional cost.
Service Areas: Antioch, Brentwood, Briceville, College Grove, Dickson, Gallatin, Gatlinburg, Greenback, Hendersonville, Knoxville, Lebanon, Luttrell, Madison, Maryville, Nashville, Spring Hill, Talbott, Thompsons Station
An Aptive pest control plan will typically run between $560 and $620 per year, but we recommend getting a free quote by filling out this form or calling 855-697-0130.
4. Magnolia Exterminating Company
Magnolia provides residential and commercial full-service pest control to the greater Nashville area. Magnolia Exterminating Company is a member of the Middle Tennessee Pest Control Association and meets all state requirements for pest and termite operations.
✔ Serves only the Nashville metropolitan area
✔ Offers residential and commercial pest, termite and rodent control
✔ Offers a one-time event pest management treatment
Magnolia, like many of its national competitors, provides a four-seasons pest control service with a home inspection before any services are performed. Treatments include removal of spiderwebs, treatment of all entry doors, treatment of soil and turf, treatment of all entry points, and much more. If you’re caught in a pinch before hosting an event, Magnolia can also provide a one-time treatment of pests to ensure your event runs smoothly without interruptions from mosquitoes, ticks or other pests.
Quotes are not available for Magnolia through This Old House.
5. HomeShield Termite and Pest Control
HomeShield Termite and Pest Control is a full-service pest control provider operating in the greater Nashville area, including the Brentwood, Murfreesboro and Gallatin areas. HomeShield is committed to using environmentally-friendly chemicals that are also safe for the whole family, including pets. All of HomeShield’s products are derived from naturally occurring chemicals found in the chrysanthemum flower.
✔ Uses environmentally-friendly chemicals to preserve beneficial insects around your property
✔ Price-matches competitors’ warranties
✔ Uses naturally occurring pest control chemicals found in nature
HomeShield offers four varying levels of pest control, depending on your specific needs. Termite control is available as well. HomeShield also offers preventative maintenance services to secure your home against future pests.
Quotes are not available through This Old House.
6. Preventative Pest Control
Preventative Pest Control services homes and businesses from California to Tennessee and provides a full range of pest control services. Preventative Pest Control performs services bi-monthly to prevent pests from invading your home year-round. All services are done in all four seasons, so your home will be protected from pests year round.
✔ 10 locations around the country, including Nashville
✔ Includes termite control and rodent control
✔ Offers moisture control services
If pests return to your home after Preventative Pest Control performs maintenance, a technician will return, free of charge, as soon as possible. If you enjoy Preventative Pest Control’s service, you can refer a neighbor and receive a $50 gift card.
Quotes are not available through This Old House.
Compare Pest Control Companies
|Get a Quote||terminix.com||orkin.com||aptive.com|
|Our Overall Score out of 100||92||94||91|
|Superlative||Best Customer Service||Best for Urgent Service||Most Customizable|
|Annual Cost for General Pest Control||$445–$700||$575 (average)||$560–620|
This article is meant to be a guide as you search for the best pest control solution for your home. We recommend reaching out to multiple providers to get a free quote. Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive are all great choices.
Common Pests in Nashville
Each pest control problem will look a bit different. Here are some pests commonly found in the Nashville area.
- Ants — Ants can quickly colonize and feed off food in your kitchen and around your house. Sometimes, carpenter ants can damage your home as well.
- Mosquitoes — These flying pests can deliver itchy bites in the warmer months, but they can also carry disease.
- Cockroaches — Cockroaches are hard to kill. These pests will often spread E. coli and salmonella.
- Termites — Termites can damage the structure of your home, necessitating expensive repairs.
- Bedbugs — These pests can be hard to spot and harder to exterminate on your own. If you’re having trouble sleeping with bedbugs, it may be time to call a professional.
- Spiders — Brown recluse spiders are common in Nashville. Their bites are rarely deadly, but they can make you very sick if you don’t seek medical treatment right away.
Why You Should Hire Exterminators in Nashville
Ridding your home of pests can be both costly and time consuming. Often, homeowners attempt to tackle the problem on their own but quickly find themselves outmatched. Different pests require different extermination methods, and a professional pest control service can easily diagnose the problem and provide working solutions. Aptive, Orkin, and Terminix are three trusted pest control companies that we recommend.
How To Choose Pest Control in Nashville
If you’re searching for the right pest control company, consider the following factors.
- Type of pest — Different types of pests require different types of treatment. It’s important to identify your pest outbreak and make sure your selected provider is capable of treating it.
- Cost — We recommend getting quotes from several reputable pest control companies to weigh cost options.
- Schedules — Many pest control companies service your home over the course of a year, making sure that your home is protected from pests in all seasons. Some companies come bi-monthly too. If you need quick service, we recommend Orkin.
- Reputation — We recommend reading customer reviews on different providers and taking experience into account. A company like Terminix with decades of experience under its belt is a safe option.
Pest Control Companies Methodology
In our independent review, the This Old House Reviews Team surveyed over 40 pest control companies on the market, rating each provider on a variety of factors to ensure transparency and quality. Here are the categories that each company was rated on.
- Plan options (35): Every home and every pest problem has its specific needs when it comes to prevention and remediation. Companies with multiple plans and service offerings were given higher scores than those without.
- State Availability (5): Where you live determines which providers are available. Companies available in more states were rated higher than those with less.
- Trustworthiness (15): We consider companies that offer service guarantees and others more trustworthy and therefore scored higher.
- Customer Service (35): This factor is based on our own research from calling providers, as well as their availability and guarantees for responses.
- Additional Benefits (10): Companies who offer things like information about the products they use, have an app for customers, and other benefits were given higher ratings.
Nashville Pest Control Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a pest control company to take care of my roach problem?
In many cases, yes. Roaches can survive in even the harshest of conditions and reproduce quickly, so the problem must be dealt with swiftly. Many store-bought products don’t exterminate roaches quickly enough, and the colony reproduces. We recommend hiring a professional service.
How often do pest control companies perform treatment?
Different companies operate on different schedules. Many providers perform monthly treatments. A popular schedule for pest control is quarterly treatments, where your provider will come once per season to rid your home of seasonal pests.
Is pest control safe?
Most companies have committed to using chemicals that are safe for the environment and your family. Some companies, such as Aptive, have taken this a step further, using the safest products available. Contact your pest control provider for more information.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.