If you have a pest infestation in your Orlando home, a professional pest control company can help. Pest control companies offer expertise, experience, and highly trained specialists to help get rid of your pest problem and prevent future infestations from occurring.
The This Old House Reviews Team believes the best pest control companies servicing Orlando are Orkin, Terminix, and Aptive. There are also some local Orlando pest control providers that offer similar targeted approaches to help you get rid of your pest problem.
Keep reading to compare the best pest control companies in Orlando.
Top 7 Pest Control Companies in Orlando
The highest-rated pest control companies that service the Orlando area include:
- Turner Pest Control
- Pro-Staff Termite Pest Control, LLC
- All-American Pest Control
Terminix is known for its targeted termite control, but the company also protects against more than a dozen common household pests, including bed bugs. The pest control provider has been in business for nearly 100 years and services 2.8 million residential and commercial customers across the country.
✔ Large team of graduate-level entomologists
✔ Online, real-time chat function
✔ Nearly 100 years of experience
We give Terminix a score of 98.5 out of 100—the highest rating out of all pest control companies we’ve reviewed.
A general pest control plan from Terminix costs between $550–$700 per year.
Areas Serviced: Terminix services cities including Apopka, Christmas, Winter Park, Orlando, Gotha, Kenansville, Killarney, Kissimmee, Oakland, Ocoee, Saint Cloud, Winter Garden, and Windermere.
Orkin services 1.7 million residential and commercial customers across the U.S. The company has a general pest control plan that protects against nearly 20 common household pests. Additionally, it uses Integrated Pest Management, an approach that involves assessment, monitoring, and prevention techniques.
✔ Over 100 years of industry experience
✔ Pest specialists undergo 160 hours of targeted training
✔ Offers a variety of online resources to learn about how Orkin operates
We give Orkin a score of 94 out of 100 and named it the best for urgent service.
A general pest control plan for Orkin costs around $575 per year.
Areas Serviced: Orkin services cities including Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Casselberry, Christmas, Clermont, Geneva, Gotha, Groveland, Kissimmee, Lake Mary, Longwood, Maitland, Mascotte, Minneola, Montverde, Oakland, Ocoee, Orlando, Oviedo, Plymouth, Saint Cloud, Sanford, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winter Park, Winter Springs, and Zellwood.
Though Aptive is relatively new to the pest control industry, it’s known for offering customizable pest control plans and its mission to give back to the community.
✔ Ranked as one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Best Companies in America
✔ Uses products that are derived from chrysanthemums
✔ Offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
We give Aptive a score of 91 out of 100 and named it the most customizable pest control company.
A general pest control plan from Aptive costs between $560–$620 per year.
Rentokil is a global pest control company that has nearly 100 years of experience and offers services in the U.S. through its regional divisions Presto-X, Western Exterminator, and J.C. Ehrlich. These pest control specialists combine regional expertise with Rentokil’s resources.
Rentokil’s extensive Pestfree365 program uses an Integrated Pest Management approach and is the most wide-reaching general pest control plan of our top recommendations, guarding homes against nearly 40 common household pests.
A general pest control plan from Rentokil costs between $600–$1,220 per year. We give Rentokil a score of 89.5 out of 100.
5. Turner Pest Control
Turner Pest Control has been providing residential and commercial pest control services to Florida residents for more than 40 years. Its full range of pest control programs includes the TurnerGuard Termite and Pest Control Plan, a full-service program that offers all-in-one protection against termites, bed bugs, roaches, ants, and other common pests. Turner Pest Control also offers services for mosquito control, termite treatment, bed bug treatment, and lawn care.
The company’s residential pest control services are priced according to the specific pest control services you need, the size of your home, and the extent of your infestation. Because of this, a Turner technician will come to your home to perform a free, no-obligation inspection before starting treatment.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
6. Pro-Staff Termite Pest Control, LLC
Serving Central Florida residents and businesses since 1995, Pro-Staff Termite Pest Control offers a variety of pest control services, including a 7-Step Prevention Program that controls all crawling insects for one year, termite treatments, and wildlife removal. The company also handles commercial pest control, termite, and lawn spray service needs.
All Pro-Staff technicians are fully screened, tested, and interviewed prior to working with the company. Not to mention, the company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). If you’re interested in services, you can get a no-cost, no-obligation, in-home estimate from the Pro-Staff team before starting treatments.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
7. All-American Pest Control
All-American Pest Control has over 20 years of experience in the pest control industry and offers services for as low as $29.99 per month. Pest control treatments from this company tackle the interior and exterior of your home and always include the removal of spider webs and wasp nests on the exterior of your home.
Not only does this pest control provider offer a general plan, termite treatments, and bed bug treatments, but it also offers insulation services to homeowners who need additional insulation or insulation removal. Potential customers can get a free estimate over the phone in minutes.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
Compare Pest Control Companies
|Get a free quote||Terminix.com||Orkin.com||Rentokil.com|
|Our overall score out of 100||98.5||94||89.5|
|Superlative||Best Overall||Best for Urgent Service||Most Comprehensive Plan|
|Annual cost for general pest control||$550–$700||$575||$600–$1,220|
*N/A signals inconsistent accreditations and ratings
Overall, we recommend any of the seven providers listed in this review for pest control services in Orlando, but we believe that Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive are some of the best pest control companies in the industry.
Why You Should Hire Pest Control in Orlando
Pest issues can quickly spiral out of control, and without experience, expertise, or the right treatment plan and products, you may not be able to remediate them. Pest control specialists are equipped to handle your existing pest problems and help you prevent future ones.
Additionally, pest control companies can handle your pest issue through the identification, assessment, and treatment, all the way through prevention and monitoring. Pest control specialists have knowledge and even offer guarantees that their work will be effective.
Common Pests in Orlando
There are a variety of common pests you’ll find in Orlando and they won’t all require the same treatment to eliminate. Here are some of the most common pests Orlando homeowners will encounter.
- Ants—These pests infiltrate Florida homes, searching after food crumbs. Ant colonies can develop quickly, making even the smallest ants a major nuisance.
- Cockroaches—Unfortunately, these food-contaminators and disease-carriers can survive many harsh conditions and are difficult to eradicate.
- Spiders—Spiders can sneak into small crevices into your home, lured by food crumbs, moisture, and shelter. While the majority of spiders are harmless, the venomous brown recluse and black widow are both found in Orlando.
- Fleas—These bloodsuckers may not seem like a big deal, but they’re extremely small and hard to detect, and their populations can swell in a short amount of time. Not being able to see them makes elimination challenging.
- Termites—These Central Florida pests may be the most troubling of all because they can do serious structural damage that can set homeowners back thousands of dollars.
How to Choose Pest Control in Orlando
Before you make your ultimate decision, it’s important to examine several aspects of a pest control company. Are they within your budget? Do they offer a customer satisfaction guarantee? Here are the factors you should consider before you choose a pest control company.
- Type of pests—Pest control companies guard against various pests as part of their general pest control program. Some companies offer a wide range of coverage, while others are more limited. Choose the one that most closely matches your pest control needs.
- Cost—There are a lot of factors that go into determining the specific cost of pest control services, from the type of pest you’re dealing with to the degree of the infestation and size of your home. In general, some companies tend to charge more than others—but their value may actually be greater. You can request a free quote online by filling out your name, address, and basic contact information.
- Reputation—If you want to find out if a company is reliable, competent, and trustworthy, reading expert reviews can tell you a lot.
- Guarantees—The top pest control companies guarantee that their services will be effective, offering free service calls, a refund, or both. Orkin and Terminix both promise to return to your home as needed to re-treat the targeted areas if you see pests within 30 days. Both companies also offer to refund your most recent treatment if you’re not 100% satisfied.
- Plan schedules—Different pest control companies offer different plans on a monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. Specialists can also help determine which scenario is best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does pest control cost?
There’s no set cost for pest control services. The exact amount you pay will depend on the size of your home, where you live, the type of pest you’re dealing with, the degree of the infestation, the type of treatment needed, and the number of treatments.
On average, for general pest control services for a 2,000-square-foot home, Orkin charges $790 to $980, Rentokil charges $600 to $1,200, and Terminix charges between $550–$700.
How do you get rid of termites?
There are a number of DIY termite treatments, but they’re not known to be as effective as professional treatments. Termiticide barriers, direct chemicals, termite baits, and boric acid are all options. However, those that involve the use of harsh chemicals are best left in the hands of professionals.
What questions should you ask an exterminator?
To get the best sense of an exterminator’s capability, you should ask how long they have been with the business. You should also ask if the company has any testimonials, how they decide which treatment plan to use, and if they offer any guarantees.
Is professional pest control worth it?
This is a matter of opinion, but if you’re dealing with a large pest infestation, it can be worth it to hire a professional pest control company. Instead of doing your own research and trying to do your best without experience or expertise, you could hire a specialist that has training in the area and offers a guarantee for their service.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.