Tampa attracts many different types of pests with its warm and humid weather, from nuisance pests like cockroaches to drywood termites that are very common and might be impossible to eradicate without the help of a professional pest control company.
We believe that the companies listed below are some of the best pest control companies in the industry and the most qualified pest control providers in the Tampa area.
Top 7 Pest Control Companies in Tampa
The highest-rated pest control companies in Tampa, Florida, include:
- HomeTeam Pest Defense
- EcoTech Green Pest Solutions
- Chet’s Termite & Pest Management
We give Terminix a score of 98.5 out of 100 and think it’s the best overall pest control company. Terminix is known for its extensive termite control services, but the pest control provider also offers a plan that protects against more than a dozen common household pests, in addition to specialty control for bed bugs and more.
✔ Almost 100 years of experience in the pest control industry
✔ Services 2.8 million residential and commercial customers across the U.S.
✔ Terminix’s team of pest control experts is composed of graduate-level entomologists and members of the Entomological Society of America
The company offers an online chat function so that current and prospective customers can ask Terminix representatives questions and get responses in real-time.
A general pest control plan typically costs between $550–$700 per year.
Areas Serviced: Balm, Brandon, Dade City, Dover, Gibsonton, Zephyrhills, Wesley Chapel, Lithia, Lutz, Mango, Riverview, Ruskin, Apollo Beach, Sun City Center, Saint Leo, San Antonio, Riverview, Seffner, Thonotosassa, Valrico, Valrico, Wimauma, and Tampa.
To get a free quote from Terminix, fill out this form.
We give Orkin a score of 94 out of 100 and think it’s the best pest control company for urgent service. Orkin’s general pest control plan protects against almost 20 common household pests, using an Integrated Pest Management approach that highlights the assessment, monitoring, and prevention aspects of pest control.
✔ Specialists have to undergo a targeted 160-hour training before going out in the field
✔ More than a century of experience serving 1.7 million customers nationwide
✔ Website features a comprehensive selection of online resources
A general pest control plan from Orkin typically costs $575 per year.
Areas Serviced: Apollo Beach, Brandon, Clearwater, Dover, Dunedin, Gibsonton, Largo, Lithia, Lutz, New Port Richey, Odessa, Oldsmar, Palm Harbor, Pinellas Park, Plant City, Riverview, Ruskin, Safety Harbor, Saint Petersburg, Seffner, Seminole, Sun City Center, Tampa, Tarpon Springs, Valrico, Wesley Chapel, and Wimauma.
To get a free quote from Orkin, fill out this form.
We give Aptive a score of 91 out of 100 and named it the most customizable pest control company. Aptive’s pest control plan protects against a variety of pests, including ants, roaches, spiders, fleas, stinging insects, and more.
✔ Its technicians will tackle any unexpected issues between scheduled visits at no extra cost
✔ Offers the Four-Seasons Protection Plan for all four seasons
✔ Donates a portion of its profits to the United Nations’ Nothing But Nets campaign to help stop the spread of malaria
A general pest control plan from Aptive typically costs between $560–$620 per year.
To get a free quote from Aptive, fill out this form.
Rentokil is a global company that provides pest control throughout the U.S. through its regional divisions J.C. Ehrlich, Presto-X, and Western Exterminator. Rentokil’s pest control specialists bring together the company’s expansive resources and local expertise. The pest control provider has been in the industry for almost 100 years.
Each of Rentokil’s divisions uses an Integrated Pest Management approach in its general pest control program, Pestfree365. This is the most comprehensive general pest control plan of our top recommended companies, protecting homes against nearly 40 common household pests. A general pest control plan from Rentokil costs between $600–$1,220 per year. We give Rentokil a score of 89.5 out of 100.
5. HomeTeam Pest Defense
HomeTeam Pest Defense specializes in termite control, but it also offers mosquito removal services and conventional pest control services. The company uses Taexx, a networked home system that runs throughout the walls of your home, creating a virtual barrier that eliminates pests. HomeTeam also uses a 6-point Advantage service carried out by the company’s experienced technicians.
HomeTeam offers customized quarterly or bi-monthly services based on the type of pest you’re dealing with and the severity of your infestation. The company also provides a 100% service guarantee, where technicians will inspect and re-service your house, free of charge, in between regular services if you have additional pest concerns.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
6. EcoTech Green Pest Solutions
EcoTech Green Pest Solutions offers four different pest control plans, including a Standard Protection Plan, a year-round pest control plan that includes a thorough inspection, seasonal visits, targeted treatments, exclusion techniques, and preventative measures. This plan protects against 40 common household pests, including cockroaches, crickets, scorpions, and silverfish, and it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
The company provides termite removal services and offers a free termite inspection before treating your infestation. EcoTech is also GreenPro Certified, which certifies that the company maintains the highest standards of environmentally conscious pest management practices.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
7. Chet’s Termite & Pest Management
Serving Tampa Bay for over 30 years, Chet’s Termite & Pest Management eliminates roaches, ants, rats, mice, fleas, ticks, and a variety of other pests. Some unique benefits to working with Chet’s Termite & Pest Management is that the company offers a free 57-point inspection before starting pest removal services and it offers a 100% Money-Back Guarantee.
If you’re looking for general pest control services, termite removal, mosquito control, or tent fumigation, Chet’s Termite & Pest Management may be a good option.
Quotes not available through This Old House.
Compare Pest Control Companies
|Get a free quote||Terminix.com||Orkin.com||Rentokil.com|
|Our overall score out of 100||98.5||94||89.5|
|Superlative||Best Overall||Best for Urgent Service||Most Comprehensive Plan|
|Annual cost for general pest control||$550–$700||$575||$600–$1,220|
*N/A signals inconsistent accreditations and ratings
All seven pest control companies listed in this review are some of the best pest control providers in Tampa. However, we recommend Terminix, Orkin, and Aptive as the top-rated companies in the industry. Get a free quote from all three providers below.
Why You Should Hire Pest Control in Tampa
Tampa homeowners may not have the knowledge, products, and equipment necessary to identify and eliminate a pest infestation, much less monitor the situation and be prepared to prevent future issues. It’s just another issue on top of a busy homeowner’s already full plate. Hiring a professional pest control company can provide peace of mind and save effort, time, and energy.
Pest control specialists can remediate all kinds of pest issues, from concerns about nuisance pests to more serious problems like disease-carrying insects that can threaten you and your family. Even better, the top pest control companies offer guarantees that their services will be effective.
Common Pests in Tampa
Unfortunately, there are a variety of pests common in the Tampa area, ranging from irritating ants and mosquitoes to dangerous spiders. It might be best to consult a pest control professional as soon as you see evidence of any kind of pest to prevent a full-blown infestation. Here are some of the most common pests Tampa homeowners might encounter.
- Cockroaches—These pests can enter your home through very small cracks and contaminate food, possibly spreading disease like salmonella.
- Termites—Drywood termites are rampant in Tampa and can damage wooden structures and set homeowners back thousands of dollars in repairs.
- Ants—Many types of ants are present in Tampa, but the most harmful are the stinging fire ants and wood-destroying carpenter ants.
- Spiders—While many Tampa spiders are harmless, bites from the brown recluse or black widow spider may require medical attention.
- Flies—Many types of disease-carrying flies are common in Tampa.
- Bed bugs—Bed bugs are an epidemic throughout the country and can quickly infest your bedroom and other areas of your house. Unfortunately, they are very difficult to eradicate through DIY means.
How to Choose Pest Control in Tampa
Before you choose which pest control company to hire, there are several factors you should consider to make sure you find the right fit. Does the company offer a guarantee? Are its services offered at a price point that works in your budget? Here are some of the key variables to take into account.
- Type of pests—Companies offer different general pest control plans, both in terms of the number and specific types of pests covered. You should consider not only the pests that you’re currently dealing with, but any others that are common in your area that may pose a problem in future.
- Cost—The precise cost you’ll pay for pest control depends on several different factors, like the type of pest, how serious the infestation is, and the size and location of your home. Weigh a company’s total offerings against the cost to find the best value. You can request a free quote online by filling out your name, address, and basic contact information.
- Reputation—Reading about a company from expert reviews and customer ratings can help give you a sense of whether a company is reliable, competent, and trustworthy.
- Guarantees—The best pest control companies guarantee their services will be effective by offering free service calls, a refund, or both. Orkin, Terminix, and Rentokil guarantee that a specialist will return to re-treat any areas as many times as needed at no extra cost. Orkin and Terminix offer to refund your most recent treatment if you’re not 100% satisfied.
- Plan schedules—Depending on the company and their offerings, pest control plans can be offered in different schedules—monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, for example. Your pest control specialist can help you determine the optimal schedule for your needs.
Tampa Pest Control FAQs
Does finding cockroaches mean your home is dirty?
Dirty homes may be more likely to attract cockroaches, especially if there are food and crumbs laying around, along with dirty piles of clothes. However, cockroaches will also make their way into clean and tidy homes in search of food, water, and shelter.
What are common signs of termites?
Common signs of termites include mud tubes, hollow-sounding wood, shed wings, the sound of termites banging their heads against the interior of the wall, peeling paint, and termite droppings, or “frass.”
Can you get rid of mosquitoes naturally?
Natural mosquito deterrents include lavender essential oils, garlic, coffee grounds, tea tree oil, mint, and basil.
Can you get rid of bed bugs by yourself?
You can attempt to kill bed bugs by sprinkling diatomaceous earth to dehydrate them or setting up bed bug interceptors beneath the legs of your bed and bedroom furniture. However, this approach will not eradicate an entire infestation.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.