In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook heads to Miami to control insect pests without the use of pesticides.
- Control whiteflies with green lacewing larvae.
- Release several green lacewing larvae onto the underside of each affected leaf.
- To kill pink hibiscus mealybugs, use Cryptolaemus montrouzieri beetles (a.k.a. mealybug destroyers).
- Put the beetles into a one-gallon nylon paint strainer, then stretch the strainer over the plant.
- After one week, remove the strainer, leaving the beetles behind.