Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter provide installation services. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair options and policies. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as leaves, pine needles, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard companies offer different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses give a package rate for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for screening any home services company. Sites such as social media, Yelp, Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $415 to $3,568. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter home size, length and width, time of year, and accessibility impact the total pricing.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Eau Claire. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, measure or estimate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Eau Claire
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.