Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides various services to help your system work effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Your furnace repair provider can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians practice industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. Your provider will complete a final inspection following installation to make sure your furnace runs optimally.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection with a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to identify possible causes. Inspections usually include cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. Yearly inspections like this encourage optimal heating system performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during frigid winters. The technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety and make any needed repairs.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many providers offer these around-the-clock services to get your system up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you're unable to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Eau Claire Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when choosing a local Eau Claire furnace repair service. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare pricing and services offered by several Eau Claire furnace repair providers. Look for competitive and transparent pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Look into the guarantees or warranties provided by your furnace repair service. A trustworthy company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This assurance provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on the service provider if any problems arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Make sure that your furnace repair provider has all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that its technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs. HVAC contractors in Wisconsin must obtain a contractor's license from the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that provide ongoing training are more likely to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on multiple factors, including HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $415, but your total price depends on the situation. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$389
- Cleaning: $47–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,555–$2,721
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$117
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$86
- Filter change: $31–$117
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Eau Claire
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.