Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer various to keep your furnace working at maximum efficiency. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring that all components work correctly.
Your HVAC provider can help you upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is past repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC expert can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. Post-installation, the technician will complete one last inspection to make sure your furnace runs properly.
You probably need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine each part of your furnace to look for potential problems. The inspection normally includes cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which a technician will check your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular tune-ups help avoid possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during chilly winters.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, some furnace repair companies provide emergency repair services to get your system up and running quickly. These services are available around the clock for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns outside regular business hours. When a furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Yakima Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when selecting a local Yakima furnace repair provider. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare several Yakima furnace repair providers to look for the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but beware companies with extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Trustworthy service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers if any problems come up post-repair. Guarantees can cover both workmanship and parts.
- Licensing: Make sure that your furnace repair company possesses all required licenses and certifications. This ensures that all technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In Washington, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Learn about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: You can learn about a company's reputation by reading online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how the provider addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $403 on furnace repair. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $76–$382
- Cleaning: $46–$61
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,526–$2,671
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$114
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$84
- Filter change: $31–$114
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Yakima
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.