Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider offers a number of services to help your system work effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs will restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals are trained to handle broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can help diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also assist with issues such as faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair companies can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or if you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC expert can integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, the technician will complete one last inspection to ensure your furnace runs properly.
If you notice your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify possible causes. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. Inspections typically include testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Your technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any needed adjustments or repairs. Annual furnace tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help prevent breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during chilly winters.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, some furnace repair companies provide emergency repair services to get your heat back up and running quickly. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you're unable to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may cost more than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Richmond Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations to keep in mind when choosing a local Richmond furnace repair company. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. We recommend comparing several Richmond furnace repair companies. Avoid ones that offer extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees provide peace of mind should issues arise post-repair. Reputable furnace repair companies should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both their workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Virginia may have either a journeyman or full contractor's license from the Virginia Board for Contractors. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Your service provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to make sure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how a company addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $436 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$401
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,606–$2,810
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$120
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$88
- Filter change: $32–$120
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Richmond
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.