Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each provider about different repair options and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to hold business licensing according to Virginia and Oakton regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Trustpilot, Yelp, Google Reviews, social media, and Better Business Bureau are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $406 and $3,524 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, time of year, length and width, and home size determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Oakton. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Oakton
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.