Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair company for a number of services that help your furnace run efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, or possible gas leaks. Furnace repair technicians can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This might involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may want a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC expert can integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They're trained on industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. Following installation, the technician will do one last inspection to make sure your furnace runs properly.
You need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of the furnace to look for possible problems. The inspection typically includes checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. The technician verifies the heating system's efficiency and safety while making the necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups ensure peak performance, help avoid potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services are there to help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to get your system back up and running promptly outside of normal business hours. Emergency services can cost more than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when you're unable to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Oakton Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Oakton furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Oakton furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any guarantees or warranties it offers. Trustworthy companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees may cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Virginia may have either a journeyman or full contractor's license from the Virginia Board for Contractors. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs effectively and safely.
- Qualifications: Inquire about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that provide ongoing training tend to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: You can learn about a company's reputation by looking at online reviews and testimonials from previous customers. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of high-quality services. Pay attention to how a company addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $427 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $79–$396
- Cleaning: $48–$63
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,586–$2,775
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$119
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$87
- Filter change: $32–$119
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Oakton
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.