Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer various services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals are trained to deal with broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also help with issues like faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This may involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally ensuring all components function properly.
Your HVAC provider can help upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install a new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. A professional HVAC technician can integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry safety protocols and standards to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything is running optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection after installation.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, a furnace repair company will likely recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential issues. This will involve a technician examining each component of your furnace. The inspection normally includes cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Your technician will verify the heating system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary repairs or adjustments. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure peak performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services are invaluable if your furnace breaks down on a cold night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services might be more expensive than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Newport News Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for selecting a local Newport News furnace repair company. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare pricing from several Newport News furnace repair providers. Choose one with transparent and competitive pricing and a wide scope of services. Beware of extremely low-cost options, which might compromise workmanship quality or involve subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Trustworthy furnace repair providers should offer guarantees or warranties on their workmanship and parts. Companies that back their work this way offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Virginia may have either a journeyman or full contractor's license from the Virginia Board for Contractors.
- Qualifications: You can inquire about a company's training policies and its technicians' experience. Companies that offer ongoing training are more likely to have technicians that use the latest repair techniques. Look for a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer testimonials and other online reviews often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews while paying attention to how it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but on average expect to spend around $427 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $79–$396
- Cleaning: $48–$63
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,586–$2,775
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$119
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$87
- Filter change: $32–$119
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Newport News
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.