Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies offer a number of services to ensure your furnace works efficiently and effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs help extend your furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, such as a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This might involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is past repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your home's layout and heating needs before recommending a furnace model for your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. Following installation, the company does a final inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You likely need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of your furnace to look for possible causes. Inspections usually include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Your technician will verify the heating system's safety and efficiency, making necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups ensure optimal performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services can help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. Many providers offer these 24/7 services to help get your system back up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks from decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local McLean Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local McLean furnace repair company. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare multiple McLean furnace repair companies to look for the best prices and service offerings. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but beware companies with extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Look into the warranties or guarantees provided by the furnace repair service. A reliable company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This gives you peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if any problems arise post-repair.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Virginia may have either a journeyman or full contractor's license from the Virginia Board for Contractors. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. A company should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience working with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: You can read online reviews and testimonials to learn about a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can tell you a lot about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair is based on several factors, including extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $452, but the final price depends on the situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$411
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,646–$2,880
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$123
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$123
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in McLean
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.