Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Manassas
A few factors can contribute to foundation issues. Here are the most common ones for Manassas residents:
- Aging plumbing: While many Manassas homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can harm your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your gutter system doesn't protect.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done properly could result in your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through crevices, and may apply force that causes your foundation fracturing, pipes rupturing, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
To pick a foundation repair contractor, you should consider what's most important to you. Use this guide to help you navigate the process.
Licensing and Experience
The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation issues licenses to foundation repair companies. The license a company has determines what work it can do and what size projects it can handle. Talk to representatives to gain more insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local inspection processes, building codes and permit ordinances.
Another way to determine a company's standing is to look at its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade credentials. It might also share insights and knowledge through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
When you're researching a company's credibility, check out its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its "letter grade" rating and a list of customer reviews, both positive experiences and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company manages them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has an abundance of negative feedback, and doesn't communicate effectively, you should think twice about working with it.
Finally, we suggest you search additional sites, such as Trustpilot and Google, for more opinions.
Foundation Repair Cost in Manassas
The cost of foundation repair can differ significantly based on the extent of the problems and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation fracturing and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is significant destruction, the typical cost will be around $3,400. More intricate jobs involving tunneling, helical piers, or major concrete leveling could run you $7,000. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Manassas
How much does foundation repair cost in Manassas?
Do Manassas foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Irrigate the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for cracks, and repair any issues promptly.
Are there telltale signs I should avoid a particular foundation company?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.