Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Dale City
Foundation issues have some possible causes. Here are the most frequent ones for Dale City residents:
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can be menacing to your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your gutters don't cover.
- Aging plumbing: While many Dale City homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that causes your foundation breaking, pipes leaking, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation contractor, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each company on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
The Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation issues licenses to foundation repair companies. The license a company has determines what work it can do and what size projects it can handle. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about how its team will draft plans and pull permits, what local codes apply to your project, and how the company inspects foundations.
One of the easiest ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to browse its website. Look for the company's years in business and the qualifications its team holds. Many well-known companies provide educational content for potential customers.
Before choosing a company, check its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both positive reviews and complaints. Complaints don't mean a contractor is unreliable. BBB reviews show how the company dealt with complaints. It's a good sign if the company has settled issues appropriately and proactively. You should stay away from a company with numerous negative reviews, no licensure, and no communication regarding issues.
Foundation Repair Cost in Dale City
The cost of foundation repair can range quite widely based on the degree of the problems and what must be done to fix them. For minor foundation cracking and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is significant damage, the normal cost will be around $3,600. More intricate jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or extensive concrete leveling could run you $7,100. Below are the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Dale City
How much does foundation repair cost in Dale City?
Can a foundation always be fixed?
What are some signs I need foundation waterproofing?
- Uneven floors
- Discoloration or odors
- Hairline cracks
- Mold and mildew
- Plumbing leaks
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for cracks, and address any issues immediately.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.