Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each provider about its repair policy. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, pine needles, leaves, and small particles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others bill individually for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Yelp, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, social media, and Better Business Bureau to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $438 to $3,688 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, foundation, and roof from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, time of year, home size, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Arlington. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Material||Cost per foot|
|Stainless steel micro-mesh||$5|
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Arlington
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.