Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, or faulty ignitions. Furnace repair companies can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring that all components work properly.
Your HVAC provider can help upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything runs optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection after installation.
You need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine every part of your furnace to look for possible issues. Inspections normally include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. During an annual inspection, your technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections and tune-ups help avoid breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair companies offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can get it up and running again as soon as possible. Furnace failure can cause discomfort and serious health risks from the reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather and you can't open windows for fresh air. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Arlington Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Arlington furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing several Arlington furnace repair providers to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid companies with extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their workmanship and parts. Companies that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind if something goes wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Make sure the furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Virginia may have either a journeyman or full contractor's license from the Virginia Board for Contractors.
- Qualifications: Check into the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working on various furnace makes and models. Ask about company training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Read online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can tell you a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on multiple factors, including extent of the damage, the HVAC unit type, and the cost of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $452, but the final price depends on the details. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$411
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,646–$2,880
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$123
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$123
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Arlington
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.