Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair policies and services. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, leaves, pine needles, and small particles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to screen each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Virginia or Annandale might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on Trustpilot, Yelp, Google Reviews, Better Business Bureau, and social media to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $438 to $3,688. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter home size, accessibility, time of year, and length and width impact the total pricing.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Annandale. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Annandale
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.