Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Provo
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. Here are the most prevalent ones for Provo residents:
- Topsoil Frost: When temperatures plunge, topsoil abruptly ices over and lower layers can't expand, forcing upper layers to heave and permanently damage infrastructure.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: While many Provo homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can be menacing to your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your drainage system doesn't reach.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through crevices, and may create stress that causes your foundation cracking, pipes rupturing, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's structural integrity relies on its foundation. It's essential to select the top professionals possible. Center your research on these features:
Licensing and Experience
Depending on their service offerings, Utah foundation repair companies can be general or specialty contractors. The state Department of Commerce offers a "S310" classification that covers foundation and excavation work. Licensure requires a trade exam and financial audit. Talk to representatives to gain additional insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, permit ordinances and inspection processes.
One of the simplest ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to browse its website. Look for the company's history and the accreditations its team holds. Many prominent companies publish educational content for potential customers.
When you're researching a company's reputation, visit its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both positive experiences and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company handles them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, shows more negative reviews than positive ones, and doesn't communicate well, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we recommend you search additional sites, like Trustpilot and Google, for more opinions.
Foundation Repair Cost in Provo
The price of foundation repair can vary substantially depending on the scale of the issues and what's required to resolve them. For minor foundation fracturing and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant damage, the average cost falls at about $2,600. More intricate projects involving excavating, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,800. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Provo
How much does foundation repair cost in Provo?
What are some signs I need foundation waterproofing?
Note that there are two kinds of waterproofing. Interior waterproofing involves installing drains and sump pumps or using sealants around a basement. Exterior waterproofing is generally less expensive. It involves installing exterior drains and creating physical barriers between your foundation and lawn.
Do Provo foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
Do I need to leave my home for foundation repair work?
That said, foundation repair crews operate industrial machinery, and you'll occasionally experience loud noises or vibrations. If either of these will disturb you, you might prefer to leave and return when the crew is finished.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.