Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Debris buildup through the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, small particles, and grit from shingles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will offer single rates for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Trustpilot, social media, Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and Google Reviews are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $423 to $3,612. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter length and width, accessibility, home size, and time of year impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Wichita Falls. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh