Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repairs, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's critical to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as shingle grit, leaves, and pine needles, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Review the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Texas or Weslaco might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Trustpilot, Yelp, Google Reviews, Better Business Bureau, and social media are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $352 to $3,254 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, roof, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, time of year, length and width, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Weslaco. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Weslaco
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.