Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter provide installation services. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair options and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most Tyler residents dislike gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When small particles, pine needles, leaves, or shingle grit build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Texas or Tyler might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as Google Reviews, social media, Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $403 and $3,511 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, accessibility, length and width, and home size determine pricing for the project.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Tyler. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, determine your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Figure out that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Tyler
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some issues I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.