Common Causes of Foundation Problems in San Juan
A few typical reasons why San Juan homeowners experience foundation problems include:
- Aging plumbing: While many San Juan homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can be a menace to your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your gutters don't reach.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't performed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through crevices, and may create stress that results in your foundation fracturing, pipes being damaged, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's foundation is essential to its stability, so it's important to work with a reliable foundation repair company. Evaluate each provider using the following criteria:
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. You can also get a sense of a company's experience through what its representatives say. Inquire about its inspection processes, local codes, permit-pulling procedures, and fees.
Contractor websites are among the best places to do your research. Usually, a company will discuss how long it's been in the industry. It might also publish other content to assist interested parties.
Before choosing a company, review its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both complaints and positive reviews. Negative feedback doesn't mean a contractor is unreliable. BBB reviews show how the company dealt with complaints. It's a positive sign if the company has settled issues appropriately and proactively. You should avoid a company with numerous negative reviews, no licensure, and no communication regarding issues.
Foundation Repair Cost in San Juan
The cost of foundation repair can range quite widely based on the degree of the problems and what must be done to fix them. For minor foundation cracking and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant destruction, the average cost will be around $3,000. More involved jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or major concrete leveling could run you $6,900. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in San Juan
How much does foundation repair cost in San Juan?
Do San Juan foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for cracks, and address any issues promptly.
Are there telltale signs I should avoid a particular foundation company?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.