Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard installers offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer "one-piece" systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which company you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most San Antonio residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, leaves, pine needles, or small particles accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others bill independently for gutter cleaning, maintenance services, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. social media, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $423 to $3,612 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, foundation, and roof from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, time of year, home size, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in San Antonio. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in San Antonio
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.