Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation with their products. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most San Angelo residents dislike gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When leaves, small particles, shingle grit, or pine needles build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and maintenance services.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as social media, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $423 and $3,612 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, length and width, home size, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in San Angelo. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in San Angelo
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.