Common Causes of Foundation Problems in San Angelo
Some frequent reasons why San Angelo homeowners experience foundation woes include:
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can threaten your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your drainage system doesn't cover.
- Aging plumbing: The average San Angelo home construction year is 1975. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through crevices, and may exert pressure that results in your foundation fracturing, pipes being damaged, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
When choosing a foundation company, you should consider your personal priorities. Ask each contractor on your list about the following qualities.
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. Talk to representatives to gain additional insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local permit ordinances, building codes and inspection processes.
One of the best ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to browse its website. Look for the company's years in business and the accreditations its team holds. Many top companies provide educational content for prospective customers.
When you're researching a company's reputation, visit its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its "letter grade" rating and a list of customer reviews, both complaints and positive experiences. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company responds to them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has more negative reviews, and doesn't communicate well, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we suggest you search additional sites, such as Trustpilot and Google, for other reviews.
Foundation Repair Cost in San Angelo
The cost of foundation repair can vary substantially based on the degree of the problems and what must be done to fix them. For minor foundation cracking and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant damage, the normal cost will be around $3,000. More complex jobs involving digging, helical piers, or major concrete leveling could run you $6,900. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in San Angelo
How much does foundation repair cost in San Angelo?
What's the most popular foundation type in San Angelo?
Is foundation repair covered under my homeowners insurance?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent shrinking and expansion.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for cracks, and address any issues immediately.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.