Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different kinds of air conditioners on the San Angelo market. While HVAC professionals can work with most types, knowing which one you have will simplify your company search.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, individual room temperature control, and flexible installation options.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They offer silent operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for San Angelo townhomes, condos, and apartments. These compact, affordable units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're popular for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your San Angelo AC Repair Service
With the oppressive San Angelo heat, AC issues are urgent to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to thoroughly research different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Texas' Department of Licensing & Regulation issues Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to both companies and technicians. Applicants for a contractor license must meet apprenticeship requirements unless they hold a technician license, trade school diploma, mechanical engineering degree, or relevant military service experience.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that respond to complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting three or more estimates to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about manufacturer warranties, installer guarantees, permitting fees and emergency repair availability.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in San Angelo
What's the cost of an AC repair job in San Angelo?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
Does my air conditioner need routine maintenance? If so, how often?
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
What industry certifications should I look for when researching San Angelo AC repair companies?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.