Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Richardson
A home in Richardson might experience foundation issues for various reasons. Some are unique to the local environment, while others are widespread nationwide. They include:
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done properly could result in your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be a menace to your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't protect.
- Aging plumbing: While many Richardson homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through crevices, and may apply force that causes your foundation cracking, pipes being damaged, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
To choose a foundation repair business, you should determine what's most important to you. Use this list of qualities to help you navigate the process.
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. You can also get a sense of a company's experience through the details its representatives share. Ask about its inspection processes, local building regulations, permit-pulling procedures, and fees.
One of the simplest ways to assess a company's reputation is to find its website. Look for the company's history and the qualifications its team holds. Many top companies provide educational content for future customers.
Before signing a contract with a company, check its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both positive reviews and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company handles them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has an abundance of negative feedback, and doesn't communicate properly, you should think twice about working with it.
Finally, we recommend you search other platforms, including Trustpilot and Google, for additional feedback.
Foundation Repair Cost in Richardson
The price of foundation repair can range widely depending on the scale of the issues and what's necessary to resolve them. For minor foundation cracking and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is significant deterioration, the typical cost lands at about $2,800. More intricate projects involving digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,800. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Richardson
How much does foundation repair cost in Richardson?
What are some signs I need foundation waterproofing?
- Plumbing leaks
- Mold and mildew
- Uneven floors
- Hairline cracks
- Discoloration or odors
What's the time to complete a typical foundation repair job?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent shrinking and expansion.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for signs of damage, and fix any issues immediately.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.