Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides a number of services to keep your system working effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
A timely repair restores the furnace's function, extends its life span, and optimizes energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals are trained to handle broken blower motors, clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, and more. Your technician can help diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also handle issues like faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair professionals can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring that all components work correctly.
HVAC companies can help install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help you upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians practice industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. They'll complete one last inspection after installation to ensure your furnace runs optimally.
You need an inspection if you discover that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect every part of the furnace to look for potential problems. Inspections usually include testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which a technician will check your heating system's efficiency and safety while making any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections help prevent breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services will restore heat to your home if your furnace breaks down on a cold night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Plano Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations to keep in mind when choosing a local Plano furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Plano furnace repair companies. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as they may employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Trustworthy companies offer these guarantees to protect customers if any problems come up post-repair. Guarantees can cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Find out what experience and qualifications a furnace repair company has. A company should employ well-trained technicians who have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to ensure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by looking at online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of high-quality services. Look at how the provider addresses negative feedback or complaints, as this reflects its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $454 on furnace repair. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$412
- Cleaning: $49–$66
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,650–$2,887
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$124
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$91
- Filter change: $33–$124
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Plano
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.