Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Pearland
Some typical reasons why Pearland homeowners experience foundation troubles include:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Pearland receives, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations keep dry.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: While many Pearland homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can harm your foundation, especially when it collects in areas your gutter system doesn't cover.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through crevices, and may create stress that results in your foundation fracturing, pipes leaking, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Choosing a foundation contractor doesn't have to be difficult. We encourage you to write down what you want most in a provider, then evaluate each company on your list against these qualities.
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. Talk to staff to gain more insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local permit ordinances, building codes and inspection processes.
Contractor websites are some of the best places to do your research. Usually, a foundation company will discuss how long it's been in the industry. It might also share other content to help prospective customers.
We advise checking the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to determine whether it's accredited and has a positive customer review score. You can see whether other homeowners have expressed satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Negative feedback doesn't mean a contractor is unreliable. BBB reviews show how the company addressed complaints. It's a good sign if the company has resolved issues appropriately and proactively. You should avoid a company with more negative reviews, no credentials, and no communication regarding issues.
Foundation Repair Cost in Pearland
The price of foundation repair can differ quite significantly depending on the extent of the issues and what must be fixed. For minor foundation cracking and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is substantial deterioration, the average cost falls at about $3,100. More complex projects requiring digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $6,900+. This table shows the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Pearland
How much does foundation repair cost in Pearland?
What are the different types of foundations in Pearland?
When do I need to waterproof my foundation?
- Plumbing leaks
- Uneven floors
- Mold and mildew
- Discoloration or odors
- Hairline cracks
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
That said, foundation repair crews operate heavy machinery, and you'll occasionally experience loud noises or vibrations. If either of these will disturb you, you might prefer to leave and return when the crew is finished.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.