Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair provider will offer various services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
A timely repair restores the furnace's function, extends its life span, and optimizes energy efficiency. Your furnace repair company can diagnose and fix a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, and malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair technicians can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This may involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally ensuring all components function optimally.
HVAC companies can also help you install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is at the end of its life or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the right furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry standards and safety protocols for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate your new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. Your provider will complete one last inspection after installation to make sure your furnace runs optimally.
You likely need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of the furnace to look for potential problems. Inspections usually include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. A technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any needed adjustments or repairs. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help avoid breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running again as soon as possible. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Missouri City Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for hiring a local Missouri City furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Missouri City furnace repair companies to look for the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but be wary of companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Look into the guarantees or warranties provided by your furnace repair service. A trustworthy company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if issues arise post-repair.
- Licensing: Confirm that your furnace repair provider has all required licenses and certifications. This ensures that all technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Qualifications: Ask about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that promote ongoing training tend to have technicians that are up to date on the latest repair techniques. Look for a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online testimonials and reviews to get an idea of a company's reputation. Overall positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also learn about a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on multiple factors, such as the HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs an average of $445, but the final price depends on the situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$407
- Cleaning: $49–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,629–$2,851
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$122
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$90
- Filter change: $33–$122
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Missouri City
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.