Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner models, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll explain each of the common AC systems.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They offer silent operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Missouri City townhomes, apartments, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, flexible installation options, and individual room temperature control.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Missouri City AC Repair Service
With the oppressive Missouri City heat, AC issues are urgent to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to thoroughly research different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Texas' Department of Licensing & Regulation issues Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to both companies and technicians. Applicants for a contractor license must meet apprenticeship requirements unless they hold a technician license, trade school diploma, mechanical engineering degree, or relevant military service experience.
You should also check a company has sufficient liability insurance coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes contractors that respond to complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair businesses to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different companies for the best value. A good estimate should consider additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about the emergency repair process, manufacturer warranties, and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Missouri City
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Missouri City?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
How quickly can an HVAC company in Missouri City respond to emergency repair requests?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.