Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner models, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll describe each of the common AC types.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, individual room temperature control, and flexible installation options.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Mission Bend apartments, condos, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide peaceful operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Mission Bend AC Repair Service
With Mission Bend's sweltering heat, AC problems are critical to fix for your comfort and safety. However, don't rush to sign a contract until you're sure a company is the best fit for you. We recommend following these steps in your research.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Texas' Department of Licensing & Regulation issues Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to both companies and technicians. Applicants for a contractor license must meet apprenticeship requirements unless they hold a technician license, trade school diploma, mechanical engineering degree, or relevant military service experience.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We suggest getting three or more estimates to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about permitting fees, installer guarantees, manufacturer warranties and emergency repair availability.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Mission Bend
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Mission Bend?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How do I know if my air conditioning system needs repair?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
Should my HVAC company have a private accreditation?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.