Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although most gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most Mesquite residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, small particles, pine needles, or leaves build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard providers typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Texas or Mesquite might also require gutter installers to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Google Reviews, social media, Yelp, the Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $387 to $3,427 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, roof, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, length and width, accessibility, and time of year will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Mesquite. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Figure out that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Mesquite
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.