Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as gutter cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each company about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as leaves, shingle grit, and pine needles, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with a seamless system, it's crucial to screen each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter cleaning, maintenance services, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different levels of expertise based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Texas may have to maintain workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Reach out to the McKinney government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, social media, Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $440 and $3,695 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, length and width, home size, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in McKinney. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in McKinney
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.