Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. A few nationwide gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to leaky, less effective gutters. Ask each installer about its repair options and policies. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as grit from shingles, small particles, leaves, and pine needles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to screen each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain business licensing according to Texas and McAllen regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and confirm a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Yelp, Trustpilot, and social media are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $352 to $3,254 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, fascia, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter length and width, accessibility, home size, and time of year will determine the total project cost.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in McAllen. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in McAllen
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some issues I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.