Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter include installation services. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policy. Some providers won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as small particles, leaves, grit from shingles, and pine needles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to perform the cleaning yourself.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying skill levels. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to maintain business licensing according to Texas and Longview regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Contact your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Yelp, Google Reviews, Better Business Bureau, social media, and Trustpilot are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $423 to $3,612. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter length and width, time of year, home size, and accessibility impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Longview. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Longview
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some issues I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.