Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely professional repairs can restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and fix a number of issues, including broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, and damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate your new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company will complete a final inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential issues. This process involves a technician examining each of the furnace's components. Inspections typically include testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. During an annual inspection, your technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency while making any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections and tune-ups help prevent potential breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. Many providers offer these around-the-clock services to get your system up and running promptly any time of the day or night. When a furnace fails during extreme weather, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Longview Furnace Repair Service
There are multiple factors to consider when hiring a local Longview furnace repair service. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Longview furnace repair providers to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but be wary of companies with extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about the warranties or guarantees it offers. Trustworthy service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers in case of any issues post-repair. Guarantees may cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively.
- Qualifications: Ask about a company's training policies as well as the experience of its technicians. Companies that promote ongoing training tend to have technicians that use the latest repair techniques. Look for a company that employs well-trained technicians who are experienced in working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by looking at online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a good indicator of high-quality services. Look at how a company addresses complaints or negative feedback, as this reflects its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $388 on furnace repair. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $75–$373
- Cleaning: $45–$60
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,491–$2,609
- Damaged blower bearings: $22–$112
- Damaged blower belt: $22–$82
- Filter change: $30–$112
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Longview
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.