Common Types of Air Conditioners
By understanding which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more empowered in your company search. Lewisville HVAC professionals have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can adapt their skills to your needs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, individual room temperature control, and flexible installation options.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They provide quiet operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name suggests, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're popular for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Lewisville townhomes, apartments, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
How to Choose Your Lewisville AC Repair Service
You likely want a quick solution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before signing up with a repair company, it's important to do careful research to ensure it's the best for your home. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Texas' Department of Licensing & Regulation issues Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to both companies and technicians. Applicants for a contractor license must meet apprenticeship requirements unless they hold a technician license, trade school diploma, mechanical engineering degree, or relevant military service experience.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits businesses that respond to complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We suggest getting at least three different quotes to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about installer guarantees, manufacturer warranties, emergency repair availability and permitting fees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Lewisville
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Lewisville?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
When is the best time to replace an AC unit?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
My HVAC problem is urgent. How quickly could a company respond?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.