Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter provide installation services. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Standing water, debris, and rapid temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each provider about different repair plans and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, small particles, leaves, and grit from shingles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies have different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, usually 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will charge a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge individually for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, maintenance services, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing:Gutter guard companies might have to maintain licenses and permits according to Texas and La Porte regulations. They should also have workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for evaluating any home services company. Sites such as social media, Trustpilot, Yelp, Google Reviews, and the Better Business Bureau provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $428 and $3,638. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia. Factors such as gutter accessibility, length and width, time of year, and home size impact the final quoted price.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in La Porte. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in La Porte
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.